Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

San Antonio people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio people

and I know there has to be some residents/med students here who are lurking...

The King William Tiny House is available to lease or sublease on December 15. I bitch a lot about it but only because it's WAY too small for our family. It's actually the same size as our first apartment which worked well back when it was just two people and two cats. Plus it has a yard and a driveway. (the novelty of being able to wash the car hasn't yet worn off! In DC we had to go to the carwash!)

and let metell you how nice it is to be able to walk to the Riverwalk and all of the restaurants and galleries downtown!

PM me if anyone wants to see pictures.

Jenn

Jenn-

Are you in the King William neighborhood? That is a really neat part of town. How old is the house you are in? I'm not in the market for an SA place, as we live 1300+ miles from SA, but that is where DH and I are from. I grew up a mile away from La Cantera.

I used to gripe about the heat in SA, but at least there is sunshine there. I am about to go crazy with the incessant "lake effect" grey where we live, now. My mom asked the other day, if we would return to SA when DH finishes his residency. I told her that it's cloudy about 10 times a year there, and that is ten times too many for me. It is snowing outside, and I am fantasizing about Phoenix!!

Comment

Yep- we're in King William, so if anyone you know from home wants to live downtown, send them my way!

I love, love, love this neighborhood. In fact, we're buying a place (if all goes well) in December in Lavaca which is the neighborhood that is next to KW.

I used to work near La Cantera.

Now- I'm on 1-10 between Monte Vista and Montelcello Park.

Jenn

Comment

Grasshopper ... are you in Cleveland?? Lake Effect grey should have a psychological diagnosis to go along with it. It's SO painful!

Comment

No, I'm not in Ohio- I'm in Wisconsin. Now, I know people will say that there is no lake effect in WI, and I say "bull". We have had 3 days of sun this whole flippin' month- and it is only October!! At this rate, I will be certifiable by May!

It is such a downer! I bought a treadmill because last winter I completely let myself go- but this year I vow to stay strong, and not let this totally crappy weather get me down.

Last winter I worked in the tax dept at a local accounting firm, and put in more hours than any other accountant at my level, I was working 85- 90 hours a week. The only reason I did it was because I couldn't stand the thought of being out in the grey, or at home in the grey, or being even remotely cognizant of the grey. It really gets to me that much!! I think I will do the same thing this winter. I have found that doing something time-consuming helps to minimize the length of the winter and the exposure to that dreadful grey!

Are you in Cleveland? Has your "fall" (whatever- it has already snowed 3 times!!) been as dreadfully grey as ours?

Sorry, for the hijack San Antonio Jenn- I needed to vent. And... I have a friend who is moving to SA with his soon-to-be fiancee and is looking for a place to stay- so I will forward any info on to him if you want me to.

Comment

Working...
          X