Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Daylight-Savings Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight-Savings Time

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Most Americans will get a chance at an extra hour of sleep this weekend, as the clocks fall back to standard time.

It's the last time this will happen in October.

Thanks to a law passed last year, daylight-saving time will start earlier and end later beginning in 2007. It will last from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November.

The clock change switches an hour of daylight from evening to morning, meaning drivers will need to be extra careful on Halloween night to be sure of avoiding excited little trick-or-treaters.

The official change occurs at 2 a.m. Sunday, though most folks will make the change before going to bed Saturday night.

Some states and territories don't observe daylight-saving time and won't have to worry about changing their clocks. Those are Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam and the Northern Marianas.

Daylight-saving time returns next March 11.
    That's great that Daylight-savings is going to last longer! I love the sun being out until the later evening instead of it getting dark at 4:30 or 5pm. Woohoo!!!

I normally love "falling back," but I'm nervous about how/if DS is going to adjust his wake-up time. Lately he's been up around 5:30am. Not ideal, but do-able. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't mean that he's up at 4:30 Sunday morning!!
    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Yeah, with kids, it is just an opportunity for them to get you up an hour earlier.

Happens everytime....

Comment

Dh is on call for an additional hour this time... Come to think of it, it happened internship year as well. Double-
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I love Daylight Savings Time. In fact, they should go the other direction on the clocks and get rid of Standard Time! I would so rather it stayed light later in the evening than in the early morning.

I am happy they are keeping Daylight Savings Time around for a few more weeks next year.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

No problem!

Dh loves his job. Maybe too much, because he seems to get suckered into a lot of the Saturday calls. He doesn't seem to mind as much as I do!

He's been really lucky and the shit tends to hit the fan on days when he's NOT on call. So our Sundays are ok, and he's not too tired.

There was an entire month when he was on home call and didn't have to go in a single time, while the others were going in at least 2 times/night! The best revenge for always getting Saturday calls, if you ask me!
            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I hate Daylight Savings Time. I am a vampire at night. :> I love when dusk falls at 4:30 pm. More shadows.

Now, in the daytime - particularly in the EARLY FR$#%ING MORNING - the sun should be out. Not that I have any issues with this or anything. I'm up at 6 am due to DH's surgery choice (ORs open early) and my early bird son. It would be nice if the sun came up before 7:15. Living at the western edge of EST hasn't helped my mood. I was much better on the eastern edge of the time zone in Boston. The sun rose there around 5 am. It made it much easier to get up. *sigh*

More Daylight Savings Time in the Fall??? Boo Hiss!
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Finally! I've been getting sick of being one hour ahead of my fiance and always staying up one hour later than him while chatting. What a blessing this will be!
                Cristina
                IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
                  I normally love "falling back," but I'm nervous about how/if DS is going to adjust his wake-up time. Lately he's been up around 5:30am. Not ideal, but do-able. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't mean that he's up at 4:30 Sunday morning!!
                  We have early risers in our home too. About a week or so before the time change we put them to bed later, in 15 minute increments, and get them out of bed 15 minutes later. Reed seems to be making the transition pretty good- last night he went from 830 pm to 730-ish, 8 am.

Crystal
                  Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                  X