Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

tattos and piercings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tattos and piercings?

anyone? i have two tattos and a hoop earing in my tragus (that little cartilage piece by the opening of your ear) nothing too freaky. dh hates my tats, says that one FOR SURE is getting removed when we have the $$. i dont think so. :>

pictures anyone?
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

I have pierced ears and only ever wear tiny diamond studs (a gift from an ex-boyfriend) (working with people who occasionally have behavior problems that require restraint taught me to NEVER wear long dangling earrings!)

No tats, no desire for tats. When I was in my early 20s it still wasn't a thing. I have one friend who got herself a tat for her 35th birthday. My SIL has one on her ankle that she'd like to get rid of now that she's in Corporate America.

jenn

Even my Armyman husband doesn't have any- didn't do it when he was enlisted because he couldn't think of any thing he wanted permanently. The ex who gave me the earrings had one on his torso/hip area.

Comment

No tattoos. I never found that perfect thing I would want permanently. When we see a bad tattoo, DH says, ohhhhhh there goes a couple of credit hours (for the kids). I'm not sure if he will end up doing removal or not.

Because I have reactions to so many types of earrings/metal, my ear piercings are probably not usuable. My diamond earrings that I had reset to not bother my skin "disappeared" so I just don't wear much jewelry now. Navel ring was not compatable with pregnancy and I had skin issues with that as well. Too much work.

Comment

No pics, but I have two tattoos, a planet with two stars on my left wrist and an octopus in bright blues on my right shoulder. I want more, but dh is against it. My next perfered location and tattoo would be on my right forarm and it would be a vivid red/orange swimming squid. I had a few piercings in the past, but only have one left now - a ring in my belly button. In the past my lip and tounge were piericed. I miss the tounge but don't know if I want to go get it again. It hurt!
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Have I mentioned that I most resemble Bree fron the Desperate Housewives clan? I've got two pierced ears with pearl earings I seldom change. If I'm feeling wild and crazy, I wear gold hoops.

I am totally boring.

Way to go, Sylvia (and Ides and Michele!). You're my new bohemian friends. :>
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I wanted to get more piercings in high school but my parents said I have wait till I'm 18. By the time I got to 18, piercings weren't as cool and I was in a preppy college. I always liked tats but was too chicken to get one myself and was never attached enought to any image.

Comment

people are quite shocked when they see or find out about mine.....apparently im not "the type". (dh says he married me because im a prude )the two i have are in places that are hidden if i want, and out if i choose to show them. the one on my shoulder i got when i turned 18. the one on my foot i got when i turned 19. dh HATES the one on my foot. it hurt like a mofo....so if he thinks im getting it taken off...... :!

i just took a picture of each.

the foot....(fading a bit, told dh i need to have the color put back in :> )

the back.

Comment

I'm boring too. I had my ears pierced when I was younger but had reactions to all kinds of metals. I plan to get them pierced again soon. I wouldn't like to get anything else done really.

I was planning on getting a tatoo a few years back but the pain and $$ put me off. This is a big NO NO for DH. He would be pissed if I got any sort of tatoo. I will probably remain boring.

Speaking of tatoos. The day I started my new job, this guy that was working there had just got his name, in Gaelic Irish and family crest tatooed on his back (yep he showed me the first time I met him ) Of course, being Irish he was dying to know what I thought. I didn't have the heart to tell him that the name was spelt wrong .
                Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Like Nellie, I never found that one perfect image for a tattoo so I never got one. I think I'd also worry about fading and eventually stretching so I don't see a tattoo in my future. I once had 3 piercings in one ear but that's about it. Pretty boring, huh?
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the name was spelt wrong
                    Is Daegan spelled correctly?? It's Russ' fault if it isn't! :>

I have a lip piercing...obviously...since you can see it in my pics. I also have a tattoo of waves and a honu on my ankle...I'll try to get a pic. I used to have another piercing, but it never healed so I removed it after several months. I also have several holes in my ears but I just use the bottom ones mostly. I'd like to get a second hole in my lip so I could have a double ring look...but since I get so much flack for this one, the second one is likely never going to happen. I'd get another tattoo if I could find something I'd want forever.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Boring gal here. I only have my earlobes pierced once on each side. I would like to get my ears double pierced. I have thought about a tatoo before, but I have never loved something enough to etch it permanently on my skin. If I did, I would get it somewhere I could hide it. Maybe by my belly button on my future toned and taut tummy tucked tummy?
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I have a small horseshoe on my lower back/upper butt on the left side. I hardly ever see it so I forget it is there. I want another one but I don't know what I want yet. The horseshoe tat was on a whim (4 days after New Years and also during a breakup ) in college. SO has never said he doesn't like it but when I mention the next one he just laughs and rolls his eyes.

I have my ears pierced - used to have two in each ear but didn't like it that much. Navel was pierced for a long time and I have lots of pretty rings, but had to take it out for the surgery last year and haven't gotten it redone. Maybe I'll do that for my birthday...

Comment

can i just say my spelling sucks?

MY SPELLING SUCKS!

Comment

What sucks worse is I can't see your pics...

Comment

really, they're huge...i couldnt get them down sized.

Comment

Working...
                              X