Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Does anyone know...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know...

...If I'm allowed to carry Chocolate in my baggage?

Has anyone been to europe and brought loads of chocolate back? do you have to declare it or anything?

SO wants me to bring him 6 x 150g milky bars from here over to him and 2x 200g dairy milks (yummiest ever)

When I've brought chocolate from Germany back to the US, it's been ok. If they ask you if you have food, you say "chocolate/candy/etc," but there's no need to declare it if it's for personal consumption. You'll be fine as long as it's not fresh fruit/veggies or meat.
    married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

That's only 8 bars of chocolate! Bring more! You'll be fine!!!

Comment

Oh lord, we brought back a TON of chocolates from Russia and lots of food items from Italy. Actually, the easiest way to do it is just go to your grocery, buy a case and ship it directly. Or order from the manufacturer. That way, you don't have to schlep any more stuff than you're already going to be dealing with.

I'm all about letting other people do my work for me.

Jenn

Comment

I brought back wine, mustard, chocolate, tapenades, liquor, and pepperoncini from Europe before. I didn't declare any of it. They didn't seem to care.

Comment

We sneaked in foie gras from our last trip last month. I didn't declare it and since it was all canned, was hoping that the dogs won't smell it. Luckily there were no dogs at customs that day.

I'm pretty sure that as long as it's not fresh, it's ok.

Comment

Those darn beagles!!! Sorry, Cheri! But really, those things make me SO nervous... but I'm not trying to bring in foie gras! REALLY!?!?!

Comment

hmmm maybe i should bring more, I sent over 2 of the milky bars and 1 of the dairy milks and it lasted less than 24 hours I love my chocoholic Fiancé

Comment

Just bring it in your carry on. I say bring more!! My friend brought me 4 huge bars of Dairy Milk and they were gone in two days
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

I just got back from Rome last week Tuesday and carried a lot of chocolate and candies with me. Liquid is really the only problem. If you are bringing back wine, you will have to pack it in your luggage or just wait until duty free and purchase it there. If it is pruchased at duty free than you can carry on with you. Have fun!!!
                    Danielle
                    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Working...
                    X