Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

back online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back online

I'm back! Did you notice I was gone?

The computer blew up last week, nearly taking with it all of the photos (not backed up) from DD's first year of life. I felt like such a fool for not saving them, but thankfully my brother (previously known as "the computer nerd", but now "computer god") was able to rescue them. With that and the inability to see iMSN for nearly a week, I was struggling. I even tried to visit on my mobile phone!

But now we have a new computer and wireless, so I can read you guys all over the house...

Feeling much better now!

I'm crossing my fingers that one of my kids will be computer savy and take care of us in our old age.
    Oh seriously, you need that these days!

In a news update, things have taken a turn for the worse. All of the data was transfered on to DH's iPod. And guess what...it seems to have just died. We called my brother in dismay; maybe he can help? He'll give it a go, but replied that he'll call DH when he needs a heart transplant.

Please pray to the Gods of Technology for our reprieve. And always, ALWAYS back up your precious files...

Comment

I did miss you Angelbright! And now on dh's hunny-do list: back up all photos!

I hope your brother can retrieve them. How sad!!

We seem to be having computer issues around here lately - Planet's child knocked her laptop off a table and we haven't seen her since.

Comment

We did miss you!

I hope you get all your photos and files back. Thanks for the reminder to back up.

Comment

Which iPod does your DH have? My DH has the 40GB and a week or so ago it stopped working, he found an online source that said some of the internal connectors can come loose, he opened it up, tightened the connections and it works like a charm.

I feel your pain we thought we had lost everything when my laptop crashed a few weeks ago, luckily we were able to recover it long enough to back everything up.

Good luck!
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
            Which iPod does your DH have? My DH has the 40GB and a week or so ago it stopped working, he found an online source that said some of the internal connectors can come loose, he opened it up, tightened the connections and it works like a charm.
            Cheri,

Do you know what the online source is that your DH used? Our iPod (20GB) is acting really weird lately, and the Apple website hasn't been that helpful in trying to figure out the problem.
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

No, but I will ask DH tonight.
              Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
              X