Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Moms I need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moms I need your help

What is your price range?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Bratz
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I give all of my neices and nephews $20 and then a book that is appropriate for their age.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

the little girl i babysit (1st grade, 7yo) loves these moon shoes she has. http://www.extextoys.com/moonshoes1.html She plays with them constantly...just an idea!

Comment

Um-m-m

No comment here, I give the worst gifts ever. I got DH a membership at Costco on our first Christmas together. Now he gives me a list.

Jodi

Comment

You could do a membership to a childrens museum, zoo or the like. Often memberships have all kinds of perks, like free coupons, deals for birthday parties and so forth.

Or do a "day at the salon" gift certificate, to a place for young girls. We have a couple around town, think that would be a blast.

Comment

I think that the bratz are just the newer age barbie....and they are played with by the older girls. I'm not opposed to them anymore.....

Comment

We never heard of the bratz workbook (couldn't find it on amazon either ), and obviously, it is something we'd exclude from our daughter.

We get all of the American Girl workbooks, which are fabulous.

I used to get all freaky about bratz dolls...but I don't now and my daughter owns many. They are *cool* and *fresh* looking, but not as skanky as Britney Spears. When my daughter's friends come over, they play school with their dolls...or house. Their play with them isn't any different than if they were playing with a dollhouse. They've outgrown the traditional barbie (and let's talk exaggerated features...ie tits and ass!) and play with their dolls in a completely appropriate way.

I'm totally ok with them.

We could of course open up a debate about them :>

kris

Comment

They have really awesome books for young girls about every topic possible...friendship, hygeine, self-care, emotions....

Hey...they'd make a great gift!

kris

Comment

I third the American Girl stuff. My friends and I were actually talking about this yesterday and each girl we always considered ourselves to be most like. Very very good.

Comment

Kirsten. She's blonde. :

Comment

After much begging, I got Samantha for my birthday.

When I was visiting my parents awhile ago, I saw my doll and you know what....? They're actually CREEPY. Those bug-eyes and stiff arms. I can't believe I wanted one.

We have the store here in Chicago and lets just say, I wouldn't want to be stuck there overnight!
                        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Another American Girl fan, I loved Samantha

Comment

All I know about American Girl is the 'all-encompassing machine' side of it - the stores, the matching clothes, the high price tag. It's nice to hear that it's well-thought of by moms despite all of that craziness. I'm glad they throw some positives in there with the money-making machine.

Clearly I don't have a lot of exposure to American Girl --- or need for it.

Comment

When I was that age I LOVED "My Little Ponies"...big shocker, huh

Comment

Working...
                              X