Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How organized are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How organized are you?

How Organized Are You?

One great way to reduce stress is to get organized. If you are interested in making your life less stressful, take the time to do a thorough cleaning and organize your clutter. You will find that the absence of small nuisances makes a big difference.

Take the following quiz and see how much organizing you may need to do.

Do you know where the following items are located?

Super glue

Yes

Maybe

No

Phone book

Yes

Maybe

No

A deck of cards

Yes

Maybe

No

Your last bank statement

Yes

Maybe

No

Address book

Yes

Maybe

No

Picture album

Yes

Maybe

No

Your car title

Yes

Maybe

No

Band aids

Yes

Maybe

No

Bottle opener

Yes

Maybe

No

Spare checks

Yes

Maybe

No

Score Yourself!

Yes 1 point

Maybe 2 points

No 3 points

10 to 13 Points There's no clutter at your house! You know the benefit of staying organized and relaxed.

14 to 20 Points Not bad. You may need to do some minor spring cleaning. Just think how much easier it will be to find that super glue when you know exactly where it is.

21 to 30 Points Yikes! You might need to spend a Saturday getting organized. Once you get your things in order, you'll discover an easier way of living.

FASAP can assist you with learning more about stress and helping with other forms of assistance, call (734) 936-8660.

Permission is granted to print this page and circulate it to others

I might need to spend a Saturday getting organized? Try a MONTH!

Comment

I think I will need about a year. We just moved in November, I read somewhere that you should plan on "two years" to get settled.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I didn't realize that I never replied to this....I guess we are all "organizationally challenged". Lu...I am just now realizing how disorganized I am....I was sort of hoping that the move in a couple of weeks would help. I figured that the MOVERS could put things in boxes and then I would just take things out and put them away and leave all of the junk in the boxes Are you telling me that I'll need two years

Kris
        The Medical Spouse Network

Comment

OK - you can all hate me, but I got a perfect score on that test. I am probably the most anal one of the lot!! I am not kidding when I tell you that my clothes are arranged according to use (i.e. business, casual, dressy casual, etc) and within those categories are in ROYGBIV (red, orange, yellow, green, indigo and violet) order.

I know my craziness about order and neatness drives my hubby nuts. He even says I probably have compulsive personality disorder (<-- a diagnosis from the surgeon!!!), but I love being able to know exactly where everything is in the house. I am very much of the adage - everything has a place, and every place has a thing! I will admit that in the beginning it is a very time consuming effort to get things in order. Especially when your hubby is a slob!

Later : - )

Comment

I gave up on being organized. I can never find anything and my husband is much worse. After my sister's husband died suddenly last year and I saw how difficult it was for her to find anything (he was REALLY unorganized), I decided to at least get paper work organized into a filing cabinet. It took me 2 months to put together the filing cabinet (back in October) and there still isn't anything in it. I'll keep buying those books on being organized though, I probably have 3 or 4!!!
            Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

P.S. I scored 22.
              Luanne

Comment

Working...
              X