Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What’s the most difficult part of covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s the most difficult part of covid?

I miss seeing my mom. She couldn’t come for my 50th birthday and is unable to come in September. I’m also suffering a loss of social skills. I don’t know what to talk to people about because I have nothing going on in my life. I have no idea what to talk about. Every day is the same. I’m afraid I’m going to forget how to talk to people.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I miss gatherings a lot. We love live music and used to go at least 2-3 times a week to watch a band at a bar and at least 1 large concert a month. Plus tons of music festivals and summer trips that had to get canceled. And weddings, a lot of weddings. It will be interesting to see if/when and how those things come back and what they're like.

Comment

Originally posted by JustRightKelly View Post
      I miss gatherings a lot. We love live music and used to go at least 2-3 times a week to watch a band at a bar and at least 1 large concert a month. Plus tons of music festivals and summer trips that had to get canceled. And weddings, a lot of weddings. It will be interesting to see if/when and how those things come back and what they're like.
      We used to go out and listen to live music too. The streamed concerts just aren’t the same.

kris

Comment

Our every day lives haven't changed too much. DH is a critical care doc and I'm a primary care NP, so we are still working. The difference is I can't see the rest of my famly and that really sucks.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

starting in person school tomorrow. The procedures and protocols are endless. I feel so bad for the students who have to put up with them - I almost think it's better to be at home.
          I hope this is all over really soon.
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by fluffhead View Post
            starting in person school tomorrow. The procedures and protocols are endless. I feel so bad for the students who have to put up with them - I almost think it's better to be at home.
            I hope this is all over really soon.
            We started last week. Things have gone surprisingly smoothly despite all the new rules. The kids adjusted to the masks quickly and still find ways to socialize despite social distancing requirements. I think the teachers are having the hardest time due to fears of covid transmission. I don't blame them. I hope this is over soon too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I miss my friend who I dare not see even at a distance. She would likely not fare well if she gets covid. I worry for her once her kids and husband start back to in person school in two weeks. I miss traveling.

I'm annoyed at the people who keep poking their noses out if masks. Way to not help .

Dh is still working - never stopped. He has to tell people daily to cover their freaking nose with their mask. Sigh.

Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
                I miss my friend who I dare not see even at a distance. She would likely not fare well if she gets covid. I worry for her once her kids and husband start back to in person school in two weeks. I miss traveling.

I'm annoyed at the people who keep poking their noses out if masks. Way to not help .

Dh is still working - never stopped. He has to tell people daily to cover their freaking nose with their mask. Sigh.

I have the same situation with a good friend with health issues. We used to text every day, but now we really don’t communicate much. I feel covid wrecked this friendship.

Comment

Working...
                X