Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tips for dealing with isolation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for dealing with isolation

I thought I’d start a thread where we can come up with some suggestions for surviving the covid isolation.

I’ve started streaming music during the day, but it doesn’t make up for not being around people.

Kris

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm still working but only seeing patients 3 days a week. When I'm not working I am going nowhere. Unfortunately, it means I'm cooking more and eating more and that is not good!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
      I'm still working but only seeing patients 3 days a week. When I'm not working I am going nowhere. Unfortunately, it means I'm cooking more and eating more and that is not good!!!
      I’m up 50 whole pounds now. I’m working on getting it under control!

Comment

Is anyone feeling more isolated because of the holidays? I have to make a huge confession. I’m relieved. No family visits, running to the mall, gift wrapping. I’m so much more relaxed.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going stir crazy. Church isn't safe, but I miss singing in choir. ( I've been singing in one for over 40 years.) No musical theater. I love people. Sitting here inside my house is awful. All of my "friends" have just been doing life as usual, most without masks. Now many have Covid. I'm sad and lonely.

Comment

Originally posted by spaz View Post
            Yeah, I'm going stir crazy. Church isn't safe, but I miss singing in choir. ( I've been singing in one for over 40 years.) No musical theater. I love people. Sitting here inside my house is awful. All of my "friends" have just been doing life as usual, most without masks. Now many have Covid. I'm sad and lonely.
            I’m sorry. I feel your pain. Many around us are having big family gatherings, flying for multigenerational family gatherings to Florida, etc. I’ve been bored out of my mind and I’ve put on a lot of weight. Stop by and post when you can. I’m happy to chat with you.

Comment

I'm not working as much as I used to, but still going to work 3 days a week. When not working I'm at home doing nothing. I think I'm going to take up drawing again, maybe if my hands are busy I won't be eating!!!! Unfortunately, I LOVE to cook. I really miss family, thank goodness for Facetime.
              Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
                I'm not working as much as I used to, but still going to work 3 days a week. When not working I'm at home doing nothing. I think I'm going to take up drawing again, maybe if my hands are busy I won't be eating!!!! Unfortunately, I LOVE to cook. I really miss family, thank goodness for Facetime.
                What kinds of things do you draw?

Comment

Several years ago I took a couple of art classes but did nothing with it. I really was a brand new beginner. I was doing flowers / landscapes and they were pathetic, but I enjoyed it.
                  Luanne

Comment

Working...
                  X