Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Covid immunizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid immunizations

What is the process of finding out when you are eligible to be immunized in your state? I’m just curious about how the states are handling things. I’m in MN and I have literally no idea how I’d find out when it is my turn. There is no online sign up area. I won’t be eligible for awhile, but I’d like to know the process. Our state seems to have no plan.

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm so irritated by this rollout. My parents are eligible but I have been not able to grab them an appointment. I'm hammer refreshing various websites to no luck. I just want them vaccinated yesterday!
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sign on at 12:00 midnight.
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Meenah View Post
        Sign on at 12:00 midnight.
        Where?
        Is there a sign up for those of us lower on the list?
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I finally did what Luanne said and got one of them an appointment at CVS and one at Krogers that is not remotely near them. It goes by ages. Their birthdate is permitted to get a vaccine so they are permitted to schedule an appointment. In all I spent about three hours trying to sign them up. May the odds ever be in your favor.
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

In my state there is a central website. It leads you through questions to evaluate your phase eligibility. If you qualify at this time, it leads you to a list of vaccination sites. If you don't qualify, it invites you to sign up for notification when your phase becomes eligible. Unfortunately the only sites currently active are mass vaccination pop-ups that aren't necessarily on the site referral. It's stupidly complicated. I'm frustrated by the federal rollout but more frustrated by the erratic behavior from the state to reallocate and even rescind vaccine from specific sites.

My local clinic was working efficiently compared with other local sites, so my parents opted to schedule here even though they live in a neighboring county. They got their first shot but now we are all terrified they won't get their second because the state re-routed supplies to other locations. It's so upsetting. Our hospital staff spent months ensuring they had the ability to receive the Pfizer with its low-temperature requirements, and ensuring they had the supply chain for everything else from syringes to clinic volunteers. They rolled into action even faster than the big hospitals in the nearest metro area. Now the state has acted arbitrarily to undermine them. I'm upset and frustrated by the moving goalposts! I can't imagine how the clinic staff feel.
            Alison

Comment

Working...
            X