Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What's the best photo sharing program for online albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best photo sharing program for online albums

I wondered what's the best or easiest to use photo sharing program. I want to put all my Maine photos up.

Any suggestions--Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket?

For ease in posting here or to email to friends and family?

I use photobucket to post here. I usually use kodakgallery to email links to friends and family.

Comment

I've never posted pics here, so I know nothing about that...

But I like kodakgallery best....

Comment

I agree, photobucket is great for posting directly like in a message. I use for posting picss on my near nonexisting blog. My families use kodakgallery and snapfish to send pics of their families. I don't mind it because I have accounts for both. But some of our family members complain because you have to set up an account to see the pictures. I just started using flickr. I like it so far. You can make up different groups and just post the link to the album. You can also pick your own web address. I haven't yet, you can't change it once you chose.

Comment

I like photobucket for here and we use iphoto on the mac for emails, etc.

For production photos I really like Snapfish.

Jenn

Comment

I'm on Flickr. Used to use webshots.

Comment

I have to tell you all about picasa! It is the most absolutely coolest web album software! It is absolutely free. Get a gmail account and download picasa. It is awesome! Picasa finds all the pictures on your computer and organizes them. It makes it easy to find your pictures and browse through them. Then, all you have to do to put it online is right click and put, add to web album. You can create a new one or add to an old one. You get 250 MB of free storage space. I love it. It is super easy to use!
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

cool. i'll look into that. i already have gmail.

Comment

I love Picasa - it works great and my pictures are SO organized!
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

totally lovin' Picasa ... I just downloaded it and am playing around.

Comment

Originally posted by heidi
                      I have to tell you all about picasa! It is the most absolutely coolest web album software! It is absolutely free. Get a gmail account and download picasa. It is awesome! Picasa finds all the pictures on your computer and organizes them. It makes it easy to find your pictures and browse through them. Then, all you have to do to put it online is right click and put, add to web album. You can create a new one or add to an old one. You get 250 MB of free storage space. I love it. It is super easy to use!
                      Does it work for Macs? I hate it when there is super cool stuff and it's not mac compatible

Comment

Another mac user here. I love iPhoto for emailing pictures, like Jenn said. I also use Flickr once in a blue moon or .mac when I want to keep things a little more private.

EDIT: Oh and Picasa does work with Macs. I just got it myself. Thanks for mentioning it.
                        Cristina
                        IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by jesher
                          totally lovin' Picasa ... I just downloaded it and am playing around.
                          and again -- really, really loving it. i've now imported pics from my camera, sorted tons of pics, emailed pics (makes it SO easy ... SO SO easy) ... I can't say enough.

Comment

Working...
                          X