Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wedding Attire for Guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Attire for Guests

While we're on the topic of what not to wear.

I have a wedding to go to in KC this weekend. Its going to be 40-50 degrees and drizzly. The wedding is in a church at 2 and the reception is at a nice hotel at 6. I can't afford to buy anything new so I have two choices.

- Black & white halter dress from White House Black Market with a pink pashmina, hose and closed toe shoes (b/c I don't have time to get a pedicure)

- Black pants with a twinset that is off white with pearl and sequin trim

I think I'd be more comfortable in the pants/twin set but is that too fancy for a two o'clock wedding?

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

i agree wear the twinset, you want to be comfortable too!

Comment

I vote for the dress but that's because I was brought up that you only wear skirts in church if you can help it. Plus, will be more fun for a reception. I'm much more likely to dance if I'm wearing a dress vs. pants.

Comment

I also for whatever reason have always thought that pants are not formal enough for a wedding. Given the choices though, I'd go with pants because I think you'll freeze in a halter dress.

Jenn

Comment

Although I've never been to KC or a church wedding, I think if the pants are dressy, you should go with them. Just make sure that your shoes and the bag are dressy too. As long as you don't look like you're going to work, you should be good. If women can wear pants to a NY wedding, they can definitely wear them to a KC wedding.

I'm also not sold on the pink pashmina with a black&white dress.

Comment

Thanks ladies - its my college friends who I never see and I should just go out and buy a drop dead gorgeous new outfit but we're really trying to pinch pennies.

Vishenka any cheap suggestions?

Comment

Nordstrom is having their Half Yearly Sale. How cheap is cheap?

Comment

Now I'm in a time crunch though - I don't have a Nordstrom's locally.

Comment

Boo. Okay, do you have a Marhall's or a TJ Maxx or a Ross??? Seriously, go stake them out.

At these stores I have found the Kay Unger cocktail dress I was wearing in my anniversary picture ($30 for a $300 dress!), a BCBG gown ($15 for a $450 dress), and many many others. That's my suggestion!

Comment

I love TJ Maxx! Next is Marshall's but I never seem to find anything good at Ross the few times I've gone.

I would probably wear the twinset - I'm all for being more comfortable.

Comment

Done the winter KC wedding thing before. I wore nice dress pants with a nice sweater. Most of the gals did the same. Nice pants with sweaters/twinsets and cute accessories. There were some wearing cute sleeveless dresses but you can tell they were a little cold.

Comment

Originally posted by calimoma2001
                        Done the winter KC wedding thing before. I wore nice dress pants with a nice sweater. Most of the gals did the same. Nice pants with sweaters/twinsets and cute accessories. There were some wearing cute sleeveless dresses but you can tell they were a little cold.
                        Thanks Davita that is exactly what I'm afraid of - I'm going to wear the sweater set and be comfortable!

Comment

hey! it was 75 here today!!

Comment

Yes, it was and it was 68 here today but its supposed to snow here Friday AM.

weather.com says high of 50, low of 34.

Comment

If the twinset with pants is the standard in KC, go with that. Around here most people wear sleeveless cocktail dresses all year long, but I think we also tend to overdress for weddings a bit.

Killer shoes, a clutch and some jewerly should kick up your outfit a notch.

Comment

Working...
                              X