Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

odd story relating to our t-day hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• odd story relating to our t-day hosts

While preparing to move (1.5 year ago) I was mercilessly tossing lots of papers and cards I'd held onto when my mom died (at that point - 8 years prior). I looked down at a handful of cards, and the back of a card was facing me that said "If you're ever in Kansas City, call ... with a number." KC, is of course, where we were moving to. I read the card, remembered the woman - vaguely at best - but decided it was one of my "signs" and tucked it in a folder. A few days later I tried the number, but it was disconnected. So I googled her, and found 2 numbers & and email. I called and left a vague message "looking for so & so, Laura's daughter, etc.", and she called me back the next day.

I hadn't seen her since I was 12 (not a typo), and wasn't entirely sure who she was. I said "Did you have a corvette?", she laughed and said yes.

When we arrived, she stopped by with muffins, loaned me a kitchen table for six months, and made sure I put all of her numbers into my cell phone so I could call her for emergencies. We've not talked or seen each other much, but it was so reassuring to know that there was "someone" motherly here who I could count on if something went awry.

So - we're going there for T-Day.

great story, jenn.

i hope you and the family have nice time.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

That's such a sweet story! Have fun that day.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

That is really sweet, it seems like fate that you found each other again after all those years.

Comment

Great story. Hope you have a wonderful time. We'll be in Kansas for T'Day. DH's cousin lives in Olathe.

Comment

What a neat story. What a good time!
            Needs

Comment

That's truly an example of "pay it forward".

You can continue the good works someday.

Jenn

Comment

What an inspirational story, I've always wondered what would happen if I called one of those numbers I'm always finding. Thanks for sharing it.

Jodi

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
                  What an inspirational story, I've always wondered what would happen if I called one of those numbers I'm always finding. Thanks for sharing it.

Jodi
                  My mom's friends were a formidable group. She really knew how to pick them (except for the ho mistook our house for a singles bar and is now my step mother). Anyway ... I know that I could call on most any of her friends for help, anytime I need it.

Comment

Cool story...but I was wondering if it was going to be about Merideth, Matt, or Katie, you know t-day hosts (as in Today show host)...

note to self: "Jenn meant t-day host as in one who has guests over for turkey day or Thanksgiving day not a morning TV show"

Comment

Working...
                    X