Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My weekend..thoughts needed on TJ's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weekend..thoughts needed on TJ's.

I am very excited about this weekend. I am meeting a whole bunch of girls from another website in Atlanta! I've known these ladies for 9 years. We all have kids that were born in January 1998. We are having a big get together, and I am so excited! Now we really need to plan our iMSN meeting!

Some of the ladies are bringing their husbands and children. Some are coming solo, and me, well, I'm the only one that's coming with my kids and no husband. Chad is taking the OITE (Orthopaedic Inservice Training Exam) on Saturday and will not be able to join us. Big suprise! Does that woman really have a husband?!

I am going to the Trader Joes. I am a TJ virgin. Give me my MUST haves. They have to last a long time without refrigeration, so only nonperishables this trip. I think. I may bring a cooler, but try to tell me and limit me to those items. Help!

I am also going to IKEA. Also an Ikea virgin! LOL. Anyone have any tips besides freezing my credit cards in blocks of ice before I leave tomorrow?

I am also getting my eyebrows done at an Anastasia Brow Solon. I feel so chic - like a real dawter's wife now!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

IKEA- Scary because all of the furniture is packaged flat so as to facilitiate bringing it home. Stay out of the 'market'. Large sums of money are spent in the market. (wisely placed so you really can't avoid it)

TJ's: sauces, sauces, sauces. Their pastas are good. If you like coffee, they have really good beans in cans. The nuts are amazing- My husband is a huge fan of the sesame covered cashews.

If you like dried fruits- they're amazing. The dried ginger is habit forming. Luckily since you're traveling you'll have to resist the frozen stuff.

Jenn

Comment

Wench. You're doing EVERYTHING I miss!

Okay - TJ's:

Cornbread mix (I just ran out )
      No sugar added fruit preserves
      Masala simmer sauce (if you like Indian food)
      My boys love their pretzels filled w/PB - and the fruit leathers, of course
      They have lots of tapenades, etc. if you like that stuff.

But their selection varies by region. Go to their website and see what is available where you're going.

Godspeed.

Comment

Jenn, fly down and join me!

Comment

Well...

I love their preserves they only have like 4 grams of sugar a serving, made with real fruit, and I haven't found anything that can beat it! We get strawberry, blueberry and apricot

Cha-Cha Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing: you can get this at other grocery stores, but in St. Louis TJ was the first to carry it and it's to DIE for! DH pretty much only uses this dressing for all salads, it's amazing w/salad with chicken breast in it.

To bad no perishables though that's where they shine the most!

But they have a ton of sauces, special oils to dip in,

Oh I know, the Roast Red Pepper soup, comes in a box -weird huh, but delicous!!!

I love their Muli-grain crackers cause they have fab taste and it's agreat price, though you can buy crackers anywhere

What about hummus? I don't think it can spoil. They have a package of humus of 4 flavors - it's the best hummus I've ever bought!

HTH

Comment

I second the sesame-covered cashews. Those are awesome as are all the nuts and trail mixes. I like their pasta too (esp the ones in the brown paper). I also like the broths in the aseptic boxes, fruit bars for kids, applesauce cups, the yogurt strawberry Os, simmer sauces, salad dressing, hmmm...

OH, how could I forget? The Jo-Jos sandwich cookies.

Comment

I though of more

Their pumpkin bread mix - YUM!

Peabody Coffee (I *think* that's it)

Gramcrackers - seriously they have a old time gramcracker that it AWESOME, especially with vanilla ice cream! It comes in a clear plastic container. And their toasted and covered pralines, also comes in a clear plastic container. Don't buy unless you plan to eat all in one day

Comment

Originally posted by JulieL
                Oh I know, the Roast Red Pepper soup, comes in a box -weird huh, but delicous!!!
                oh - yes, yes, YES! That's the other thing I just ran out of. I spent a good part of yesterday trying to convince my friend to go on a road trip w/me to St. Louis for a TJ's run.

the nuts are great - and cheap. the dried fruit - my kids miss it. take a cooler - it's worth it.

ooooh I am SO jealous!

Comment

Jenn want to meet up at TJ's sometime I live 5 mins from the one in Brentwood

Comment

I wonder if they are open on Sunday. If they are open on Sunday, I might be able to go there just before I make the drive home.

Comment

I'm like 98% sure they're open on sunday

Comment

I don't know TJ's but I do know IKEA!

- BUMERANG Wooden hangers (8 for $5) - SO buys all of his here because they are so cheap compared to normal prices.

- KASSETT Boxes - I buy their black storage boxes and magazine boxes for my desk/office/living room because they hold a lot, look great, and are cheap. Love them!

- Also, they have great plants that are super cheap. I buy all my plants there and I have gotten them as gifts, too. I have bamboo, succulents, and some other things but they also have orchids, cacti, aloe, etc.

- Try a cinnamon roll. Yummm.
                        - Christmas decorations! Their ornaments and napkins are really cheap!

Comment

1000% sure. 7 days a week, 9A to 9P.

Julie - I might just show up. I google maped it, and it's 4 hours 30 minutes ... but if I REALLY stock up then it's totally worth it!

Of course, I have to factor in the gas cost on top of the "savings" I'd be getting as opposed to Wild Oats. I hate Wild Oats.

Comment

Sweet. Do they have pumpkin ravioli? I really want to eat some, but don't want to go through the trouble of making the ravioli. I haven't been able to find that anywhere.

I am in so much trouble. $$$

Comment

The have gorgonzola tortilinni (sp?) that is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X