Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When do you eat the Turkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you eat the Turkey?

I'm curious to know when you all eat your Thanksgiving day meals. My family has always done the "dinner" ready by 12noon. Sit and eat at around 12:30pm, watch a movie, go for a walk and spend the rest of the day grazing. What are your times and traditions?
    Danielle
    Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

I was raised on the "Why in the hell would I get up super-early to put a bird in?" philosophy. Most years we eat around 6 or 7 -- normal dinnertime for us. There was the occasion w/a very large bird where my uncle said "Yo (my mother's nickname) - I'm pretty sure the people in Hawaii have eaten already." (we were in EST).

After that it became a joke that we were waiting to let the Hawaiians finish first.

Comment

We usually eat dinner around 1:00 and pie around 2:30. Then we go to the movies, come home, and eat again. Thanksgiving is my favorite holdiay!! I can't wait for the 23rd!!!!!

In emoticons, my day looks like this:
      :z :yum: :gossip: :yum: :z
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Now I can't remember what I chose. Probably the 2-4 option -- that is what DH's family usually did and my extended family as well. However, I prefer more of an early regular dinner time, like 5pm. It's Thanksgiving dinner, right?

This year will be earlier towards 2pm for MIL.

Comment

Originally posted by SamsSugarMomma
          We usually eat dinner around 1:00 and pie around 2:30. Then we go to the movies, come home, and eat again. Thanksgiving is my favorite holdiay!! I can't wait for the 23rd!!!!!

In emoticons, my day looks like this:
          :z :yum: :gossip: :yum: :z
          You totally just visually described my Thanksgiving day. I love it! DH's family is a overly formal 7pm (with cocktail hour) type of family. I am so used to waking to the smell of turkey cooking on thanksgiving. I hate to eat anything other than those foods on the day of. I can't wait to feast and socialize with family.
          Danielle
          Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

I don't actually like traditional Thanksgiving food. I prefer my turkey thinly sliced in a sandwich. We're also not very traditional in celebrating and often will go on vacation to take advantage of 4-day weekend. But if we do get together for dinner, it's usually around early-bird dinner time 5-6pm.

Comment

Way up North Thanksgiving is not as big a deal as in the US, I wish it was though...we celebrate our in early October so it's already gone by, but we eat the turkey around 6:00ish

Comment

normally between noon and two. but...this year one of the other ob interns and his wife are coming. he has to work until about 5, so dinner will be late for us.
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                X