Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

House vs Townhome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House vs Townhome

House vs Townhome: I just wanted to pose the question of what people are in or prefer. Currently my DH and I are in an apt. but we want to buy in residency. With the long hours would a townhome be a better option. (Less upkeep outside etc.)

IMO, yes. We have a house with a fairly large yard for our neighborhood and we really wanted a yard because we have a very spoiled dog but if we didn't have her I would be ALL OVER a townhouse.

With that said, I suppose our yard doesn't take THAT much work but we have VERY low maintenance landscaping, all we have to do is mow.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Hi, We own a townhome in the Twin Cities and love the convenience. There is no sweeter sound that the snow plow magically appearing on our driveway at 3 a.m.. Seriously. If your DH seriously wants to endure a surgical residency, I'd go townhome all the way.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

We're renting right now but we would like to buy soon. But we've been debating house vs. townhouse as well.

We decided house, though, as we're so tired of putting up with neighbors' crap. In the past few years as renters we've had to put up with neighbors' renovations (loud jackhammering all day long), neighbors' smoke and other irritations. So we decided we just want a single family house. However, where we're located (we've been going to open houses) they're super expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshoot
          Sometimes DH actually enjoys coming home to do manual labor.
          This is my DH too. He said mowing the grass is relaxing (maybe he doesn't know the definition of 'relaxing'? ) We own our own home, with a medium-size yard with fairly low-maintenance landscaping. With the arrival of our son in the past year I've had very little time to spend outside on the yard and it hasn't been a big deal. I love having our own space (no noisy neighbors on the other side of the wall), and we also have a dog who likes having a fenced-in backyard to run around in.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I was all about having my own walls, and ceilings and floors -- but there sure is something to be said for the low maintenance of a townhome. My dh does NOT enjoy yardwork, and it was like pulling teeth to get him to do it on the rare 'free' days he had.

Comment

We will buy a house unless where we match, a townhouse is what is only affordable. We are year 8 in an apartment and have had it. NEIGHBORS... sigh no matter where we live we get housed next to a real wacko. Currently we're pretty sure the guy upstairs who is 50+ has a couple asian prostitutes who come by, ICK! The lady underneath him actually wacked the ceiling during :wildthing , that was SO unbelievable - truely. DH has heard them in the hallway as well The landlord was called and it's been quieter since then, but still

Funny thing is, we live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in the area, and there are STILL weirdos!

Comment

Working...
              X