Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

k.....i need some direction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k.....i need some direction.

since this forum seems to have the most post, i'll take a leap and assume this is where you guys just hang out.

but i do have a legit question.

if you read my introduction, you'll note that i'm a nursing student. and as such, i hear all sorts of things that nurses hate that drs. do.

my questions to all of you is......what do nurses to that really irritates the docs in your lives?

I guess what bugs my dr husband most is when nurses hate him simply because he's a doctor!

Comment

Rena,

My mom was an ER nurse for years and really loved the challenges that she found in a major trauma center! She also did home health for several years and eventually went back to school for her NP....she has a real passion for patient care...

Anyway, I think that most docs do appreciate the good nurses, and I'm sure that you are one of them ! Most of the docs that I know who have had trouble with nursing staff are actually the females... I am not sure of why that is.....

Kris

Comment

My husband generally speaking is very appreciative of the nursing staff! The only problem that he ever had was during residency when some nurses would call him in the middle of the night to ask a question like "Can Mr. Smith (who wasn't on any type of diet restriction) have a banana. He is hungry." He also had an older nurse tell him that she would treat a patient with "medication X" instead of what he was prescribing...which kind of upset him

For the most part, Thomas feels that nurses are a very integral and important part of the healthcare team....

What area of nursing are you planning on going into?

Kris

Comment

eventually i would like some type of trauma unit/ER/life flight type thing.

so far my favorite clinical experiences have come from long term care but i have no desire to do it for the rest of my life. i get entirely too attached to some of the residents.

but who knows? i still have 6 rotations left and i may find something else that i "like" better.

it just really irritates me when i hear a nurse downing a dr. when he/she isn't around to defend. but of course, 99% of nurses would dream of giving a doc what-for.

i have worked for several drs. directly and been in some sort of health care for many years now. but creating their surgery schedule and "working under/with" them is an entirely different ballgame. i think i'm still in that honeymoon phase where i think all drs. are gods.

what i don't have a problem with is "suggesting" that so and so treatment plan has been tried in the past and seems to have a better outcome than the present care plan. if someone seems to take that as being too direct, then so be it. i'm there for the patients/residents.

Comment

it's because of that "cat fight" mentality that some women just never seem to get over.

Comment

Working...
            X