Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Quality Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality Time?

I was away on a yoga retreat this past weekend (it was great!) and was driving home late Sunday. DH was studying at the hospital as usual but he called and said I should bring some take-out over, my choice. So I picked up some curries and went over (well out of my way!). He then said "By the way I wasnt planning for us to eat together, I just wanted you to bring me some food cos that way I get to see you". So our quality time this weekend was me handing a bag of curry to him in the car! How foolish of me to think he could take a break from studying!! In fairness he has exams this week, but I still thought this was funny, I should have learned by now.
    I leave for work very early each day and he usually studies very late each evening, so other quality time is spent climbing over one other to get into/out of bed. At least we get to "see each other"!
    Snatched moments in the hospital canteens? A mumbled hello at 5am? I'm sure you can relate...[/i]

Quality time?? What is this mysterious thing you speak off?? I have never heard of it!

Comment

Quality time!!!

Sorry I shouldn't laugh, it does happen sometime, usually on vacation time.

Comment

yah quality time is normally the 15 minutes we spend in the car getting from point a to point b, or while watching a movie (DF typically through his eyelids)...haha

Comment

but I still thought this was funny
          You're a better person than me. I would be a pissed and raving lunatic.

Comment

Originally posted by CityChic919
            while watching a movie (DF typically through his eyelids)...
            Yeah, if you can get past the snoring!! This past weekend I begged DH to go to bed during a movie, so I could hear the tv!!! He kept saying that he was enjoying the movie and didn't want to leave

Comment

I'm in the "I'd be pissed." boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Momof4
                Originally posted by Vishenka69
                but I still thought this was funny
                You're a better person than me. I would be a pissed and raving lunatic.
                Me too. I would just consider that completely disrespectful. Don't allow yourself to be treated like meal delivery service.
                I would just say if he wants you to drop off food, he should ask you to drop off food - that way you're not driving way out of your way w/different expectations.

It appears it didn't bother you - so I'm guessing this is a bunch of unsolicited advice (which we're famous for).

Comment

I'm in the "I'd be pissed" camp and I'd have eaten with him anyway. Besides, it's a widely known fact that people need breaks when studying.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

Ha! My DH knows better than that - if he doesn't have enough time to eat WITH me, he can eat in the cafeteria - or he can call delivery himself.

I feel we get good quality time outside of the hospital so we don't usually need it at the hospital. :!
                    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
                      I feel we get good quality time outside of the hospital so we don't usually need it at the hospital. :!
                      From the wife of a neurosurgeon, that's an earth shattering comment. But good for you guys! I can't complain either, even with the distance.
                      Cristina
                      IM PGY-2

Comment

We're still in the beginning, and I haven't seen my SO since Saturday morning, but I'm not complaining either. But if he started treating me like a taxi or delivery person, I'd shove my foot so far -------

You get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheri
                          he can eat in the cafeteria - or he can call delivery himself.
                          A bit off the topic but this reminds me of something. A few nights ago DH called me from work (he was on call). Here's how the conversation went.

ME: (hearing him munching away) What are you eating?
                          HIM: Ice chips! (like it's totally normal)
                          ME: Why are you eating ice chips??
                          HIM: I was hungry and the cafeteria closes at two.
                          ME: How does everyone else eat then?
                          HIM: Oh, they usually order in but it's so expensive, I didn't want to.
                          ME: You can't survive on ice chips, you should bring a lunch.
                          HIM: Yeah, I suppose you're right!

He made some lunch this morning and was very pleased with himself heading off to work. I swear, sometimes I wonder if I got married or adopted!

On the quality time thing. That's foreign to me!! I barely see him this week.
                          Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                          Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Thinking about it now I don't know why I want pissed! I guess I was just super chilled from all the yoga!

Comment

He made some lunch this morning and was very pleased with himself heading off to work.
                              Wonder how long that will last!

Comment

Working...
                              X