Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The pre T-day rush!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pre T-day rush!

A very good frined of mine from high school, her husband, and their three children are coming today to spend Thanksgiving with us. I have been rushing around all week (on top of having a cold bug of some kind) trying to get everything ready.

My house was a complete and total disaster area. It was BAD! Now, it's only marginally disgusting. The kitchen (only to be defiled again later tonight), family room, and the master bathroom are finished. I have load number it seems like 100 in the washing machine. It is coming along. The food is all purchased.

I have to finish cleaning up the house and start preparing some of the food.

Luckily, and how sad is this, I just dicovered our guests won't be here until 9ish tonight. That gives me all day to procrastinate getting things done, and I will too. I am so bad at that!

So, I am completely relieved that my guest are coming later than expected even though I am very excited to see them. I got an email from her a little bit ago with her ETA. Before that, I was thinking I was going to have to call her and ask for her ETA, you know, in case we were out or something. I wouldn't want to miss them. Also known as, how many hours do I have to pull my crap together?

Anyone else in a frenzy today?

:yum: :clean: :floor: :clothes: :iron :!
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Not much of a frenzy here. I need to clean my house just because it needs to be cleaned. But I've said that since Monday so we'll see. :>

We are going to our friends house around 4:00 pm so we have most of the day to get ready. I will try to make pie crusts tonight so they are all ready to go tomorrow for maple bourbon pecan pie, pumpkin and apple pies. I'll start the rolls tomorrow am or maybe tonight if I'm feeling up to it. If I feel like over-achieving, I'll make the raw and cooked cranberry sauce otherwise it's just the raw sauce that takes about 2 seconds in the food processor.

Go, Heidi, go! :ra: And have fun with your guests!

Comment

Work is crazy does that count? Why does everything have to go wrong the final day before the Friday rush?

I've been procrastinating with my house as well - luckily the IL's won't be here until aroudn 4 tomorrow. Tonight I'm going to start my yams, make the Lily's cranberry sauce, and start setting the table while DH does whatever it is he does to the turkey. I still need to clean my kitchen, vaccuum, and buy new towels for the guest bath - ack!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
      X