Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Who had to work T-Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who had to work T-Day?

Just thought I'd see how many had to work today. DH was up bright and early, 4 a.m., should be home any minute (hopefully), said he'd be home around 10:30 a.m.

DH is on call, and went in to round on one patient. He is back already, though. So far, so good!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Not home yet He *thinks* he can get home by lunch. His attending wanted to start rounds late today at 9AM, but then showed up an hour late. "You know how it is when you have family over!".
      Umm, no- we don't.
      Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

DH is on call too. Unfortunately I will not see him until tomorrow evening.
        Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
        Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

DH came home early yesterday too - too bad I had to work!!
          :|

Comment

DF is on call today, will be home tomorrow at 8a

I am working from home today, should be done by like 3 though

Comment

SO is just leaving for work

Comment

dh is working today. Hosiptal is slow so he should be home about 6pm.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

My BF worked today, kinda like it wasn't even a holiday I went to my parents’ house and couldn't think of anything nice to do for him.... am I a bad person???

Had a few (like many) glasses of wine, so just ignore me right now… sorry!!! Sort of feeling guilty about not having time, and trying to balance that with the constant “is it really worth it” remarks I got all day from my family…. This is just tons of fun

Sorry for being a little bitter

Comment

My husband had to go in at 10:30 but got home at about 2:00, shortly before any of our guests arrived.

Today he went in at 7 or 8 am, but is expecting to be home around 3:30.
                    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

This year we got lucky and he had yesterday off (although back at work this morning). But last year he had Thanksgiving dinner in scrubs. By the time he got to my parents, it was about 8pm and wasn't much point in him changing. Wonder what next attending Thanksgiving will bring.

Comment

mine got paged a couple of times and had to answer a few questions - but that's it. hardly work.

Comment

DH had yesterday off--but got paged 5 times. Today he had to go in. But he has Sat. and Sun. off, which is good.

Comment

Working...
                          X