Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'm losing my mind...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm losing my mind...

I came home from work today starving. I opened the fridge to make a sandwich only to find that the bread, deli meats, lettuce, and tomatoes were ALL old, moldy, and/or rotten.

I checked all the dates on the packages and apparently I haven't been grocery shopping since October.

I thought it was last week.

Where has the time gone???? :thud:

I ordered Chinese... my fortune?? "May you have a good appetite." Ha, right, like I need help on that one.

Hey it happens! That's totally happened to me with things that we don't eat very often like sour cream or bread. So gross.

I dread going grocery shopping. I should go every week but I've been stretching it out to 2 weeks.

Comment

Nice! Look at the bright side: you didn't spend a lot of money on groceries this month.
      Cristina
      IM PGY-2

Comment

I go grocery shopping almost every day....To say I got out of the house

Comment

That's why I still say that ordering your groceries to be delivered ends up saving money in the long run- you're not distracted by the new doritos, the fancy fruits that you'll never use, the 'sample' sized whatevers. and you order only what you need.

I really miss it.

Jenn

Comment

I know, I wish we had grocery delivery here in Richmond, but no...

Comment

I try to purge my fridge on bi-weekly basis. Otherwise something starts growing in there. I hate how FreshDirect delivery zone ends a block away from our building. Seeing those trucks on our street makes me mad every time.

Comment

Could you just go to the corner at delivery time?

Comment

I wish. But for some reason they insist on an actual address.

Comment

Fresh Direct will deliver to your office now in nyc, but then you'd have to lug it home. And what's the point of that!
                    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

...old, moldy, and/or rotten...
                      At least you looked first!

Back in the single days, I had been known to eat the better part of a sandwich before noticing the last half had mold on it....

ah, memories.

Comment

Originally posted by ides
                        Fresh Direct will deliver to your office now in nyc, but then you'd have to lug it home. And what's the point of that!
                        I know, kind of stupid. I guess I'll just have to stick to the good old routine of getting in the car and driving to the store.

Although I'd love to order something to the office just to see where they park in the middle of the day (I'm across the street from Radio City).

Comment

Working...
                        X