Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Do you ever have days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever have days...

..when you absolutely can't pull yourself off the computer? Today reminds me of Richard Pryor's comedy skit where he swears off the crack pipe and it jumps back into his hands. That is how I feel about this place. I keep telling myself that I'm getting off and I keep popping back in.

With no further ado....

Hello, my name is Kelly, and I'm an IMSN addict.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

This site is going very slow for me right now for some reason, and yet, here I am trying desperately to post and read, read and post like I have nothing better (no, wrong word, more productive?) to do.

Can we form a support group about our addiction?

Have you ever been at someone elses house and got on their computer to check this site? Guilty. I have done it all. My addiction knows no bounds or shame.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Heidi did you get my pm?

Comment

Been there, done that. Every day I tell myself I'll get off iMSN as soon as I'm done reading the new posts. Well, duh, there's always someone posting something new and interesting and I've just GOT to be up to date on all the iMSN happenings.

Oh and Heidi, the site's been rather slow for me too. I think I started noticing that since the server update, but that could be because it's the only change I'm aware of and my mind somehow associated the slowness with the change.
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by heidi
          Have you ever been at someone elses house and got on their computer to check this site? Guilty. I have done it all. My addiction knows no bounds or shame.
          Please girl! I've checked in from Los Angeles, Chicago and Anchorage! I'm pathetic.

Comment

Perm, Russia.

Yes, I checked in as often as I could while I was there...

Jenn

Comment

I've check in so frequentlly from my parents and father in law's computer that when I start to type it in on the address bar it automatically pops up!
              Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Yep, here way too often. The closer it gets to finals the more I am on.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Addict here.
                  What did we do before the internet? I think my house was cleaner back then.

Comment

Top ten signs you may be addicted to IMSN.

-A significant amount of the conversations that you relate IRL have to do with something you read here on this site.
                    -You have chosen surfing this site over anyone of the following: real life communication, chores, work, eating, sex, sleep, cleaning, working out.
                    -Half of the Christmas cards you send out are to people who also have a "handle" like a truck driver: PrincessFiona, Ladybug, Manho, Momtothree.

Care to join in my shameful list?

Kelly
                    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I'm there today...I don't know why I think I have the time to chat on here and actually visit the debate forum while a baby is sitting on my lap and Aidan is watching TV. I need a serious kick in the pants today. I've been away so long with mil here that I feel the need to read every post I've missed....

kris
                      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I keep the site up at work and reward myself with a post every time I accomplish 'something' and something can be "I typed one whole section on that form"

Jenn

Comment

I have been here less since I started working and I am seriously like a junkie when I get the chance to get on the computer. My hands almost start shaking.

And, yes, I have checked in from a myriad of places......hotel business centers, my mom's, my IL's, my friends' houses, my siblings' (and sils') computers......the list goes on and on.

DH "knows" many of you by your user name.

I plan hypothetical vacations around where key iMSN people live.

Sally
                          Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

You think that's bad? When my computer was broken, I checked this site from my mobile phone....

Well, really, how could I be expected to go without for so long? It was four days before we got a new one!

It's hardly surprising we're all here chatting away to each other though. It's not as if there's any adults around our homes who are really up to having conversations! My DH came home from work tonight, ate, and went to bed in a sh*tty mood, too tired (as usual) to look after DD while I cleaned up after the meal which I cooked and shopped for. So that's why I'm here now...

Comment

Originally posted by tenshi
                              You think that's bad? When my computer was broken, I checked this site from my mobile phone....
                              One of the reasons I decided to return my Blackberry is that this site did not appear easily on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X