Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Plans?

We're going to Oktoberfest tomorrow!!! A small town about an hour from hear has a great german restaurant that hosts Oktoberfest, German Christmas markets, etc......and we have decided to spend the day tomorrow there with the kids, beer, and the german bands!

Does anyone else have anything fun planned?

Kris

Caroline's first soccer game is tomorrow morning at 8:30.

She is a junior in high school.

Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Oktoberfest was AWESOME!!!!!!! We had such a great time!!! Thomas and I had some real german beer...and the kids danced on the dance floor under the big tent to all of the german polka music....I danced with Andrew and even Thomas joined in (that was a BIG DEAL)! We formed a big family circle and just danced around...it was such a blast!

We were there for a few hours and at the end of the night we met another couple with children close in age to ours...and they had also been in germany. Andrew immediately took to their daughter and asked her to dance and they danced cheek to cheek for the rest of the night ! It was adorable...and we were all out of film...so a nice older gentleman took pics for us and is emailing them to us.....I'll post 'em when they come...

It was just soooooo nice...and you know it was great to have a conversation with a "non-medical" couple. It really was like day and night...we all talked together as opposed to the doctors chatting with the doctors and the spouses with the spouses.....it was so much fun. We've agreed to meet again at the restaurant with the kids one night when the german band is back...........

Great weekend!

AAAAAAHHHH....life after training!!!!!

Kris

Comment

How'd they do? I played forward my freshman year in high school and was a goalie in the league soccer when I was much younger...( I stunk though...I would end up doing cartwheels and handstands instead of protecting the goalbox )

Kris

Comment

I'm so happy you had a nice time at Oktoberfest. It is nice to meet people who are nonmedical.

Soccer was great. On Saturday they lost, but Caroline scored the only goal for her team. On Sunday they lost again, but they all had a great time.

Caroline's Dad & I were both able to attend both games. It was really funny, one of the Moms had no idea we were divorced, much less that I was remarried. Really eerie. BUT - Caroline had a great time.

Luanne
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
          X