Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

a visit home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a visit home

We returned home for the first time in 9 months. It is wonderful to have a place to go to where very little seems to change with time. We had a blast seeing all of our families and friends in our small home towns. In the back of our minds we always wonder if we made the right decision to move so far away for training.

Anyway, we did normal things like attending local high school football games, going on bike rides, attending a family reunion, etc. It was nice to get out of our closed little medical world and get back to basics.

I also came to the realization that I'm a small town girl. Groceries, gas, and real estate are all much cheaper there. But even more than the money, I love knowing my neighbors and my community as if it were a part of my identity. I know that this big city will begin to feel like home right about the time that we move again. sigh....

Sean has called me twice already from work. I think that he has the return-from-vacation-blues coupled with the I-have-so-many-more -years-of-training blues. This too shall pass.

Kelly

In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Hi Kelly!

Welcome back! Just curious, where is "home?" We're in AZ but we're originally from Southern CA. We're planning to stay in AZ for residency but if he does not match we're looking at TX, IL, Ohio, and Missouri.

- Rachel

Comment

Kelly,

Welcome back! I'm glad that you had a good time...we missed you here...I hope to hear about how your girl's night out went....and if you and Sean were able to get some couple time!

Anyway, sorry it took me so long to respond...and welcome back home to Minnesota!

Kris

Comment

Rachel & Kris,

Thanks! My dh and I hail from Dayton, Ohio and we miss it dearly! But, Minneapolis is becoming more familiar with time.

Kelly

Comment

Kelly,

My fiance will be having a few interviews in Ohio. We're looking to stay in AZ but if he does not get matched here we are also looking at Texas, Missouri, Illinois, and Ohio. I may have a few questions for you in the future about Ohio...

Thanks for the info!

-Rachel

Comment

Coming back from vacation was always the toughest for us! It is hard to get back into q3 or q4 after having spent a week or two relaxing and enjoying your family. I hope that this isn't a tough call month for you guys...I'm sure it was nice for you though to get back and see your family and spend time going out with old friends....but I'm glad to have you back here

Kris

Comment

Thanks for the welcome back! Actually, my transition back into the swing hasn't been as difficult as Sean's transition back into his second year of a five year residency program. After having such wonderful family time together, he's a little depressed and overwhelmed by the prospect of all that lies ahead. He insists that we play powerball as some sort of far fetched solution to all of this. D -->D">

Somehow, it seems more difficult to deal with his despondency about the residency than it is to deal with my own conflicted emotions. Part of me just wants to say, "Yup, your job sucks, quit". But I know that this is not what he really wants me to say at this time of need.

Kelly

Comment

Working...
              X