Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall!

We are still upper 60's low 70's. The trees are just now starting to change. I'm still feeling a little scared of a Michigan winter. How are you feeling about a Minnesota winter?

Wendy

You mean this ISN'T winter ! Hey nights here are like Florida winters

Well, I'm pretty concerned about how we will do with winter. This summer, the neighborhoods were virtual ghost towns, and I wondered where everyone was. The other moms told me it had just been too hot and humid...It wasn't that bad........now that it is cooler, everyone is out...and they tell me..."wait until winter...we'll all be out in the snow and you'll be inside"....and I have the feeling they are right!

Kris

Comment

The leaves have begun to change this week...it is absolutely breathtaking around here...it has been so long since I have seen the seasons change....we have been having weather in the low 60's...how about everyone else?

Kris

Comment

Kris,

I can verify that Minnesotans embrace their winters and head for the great outdoors. We moved here in June and occasionally wore sweatshirts at night to ward off the chill! Meanwhile, we'd see teenage girls wearing half tops and cutoffs! I guess that it is all relative.

Anyway, on the coldest day of winter, you will see kids sledding, people snowmobiling, cross country skiing, or playing hockey at one of the gazillion outdoor rinks. (It took us awhile in the summer to figure out what the wooden "corrals" were in all the parks!) It is wild! My advice is to invest in some snow pants!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

It's been nice in the morning and hitting low to mid 80's this past week here in Colorado. Matt and I haven't been to the mountains yet to see if the leaves have started to change.

Crystal
          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

You mean the cacti don't change colors?!

Wendy

Comment

In AZ, we don't have a fall and no leaves change colors. Just a bunch of cactus! I guess I'm missing out!

-Rachel

Comment

Well, the Cacti do bloom! Pretty purple 'pears' on top of them(and are then harvested, soaked in tequila and voila- the Cactus Margarita was born)

We're running 90's still, evenings are cooling off down to 70's or so.

Later!

Jenn

Comment

yummmy...I think I'll come down your way around springtime!

Kris

Comment

Those little prickly pears are good all by themselves.... make them into a margarita and they are absolutely divine! Had a few of those on our honeymoon in San Antonio!

Wendy

Comment

I am SO jealous! I love the changing colors of fall. It was 105 degrees here in sunny Arizona today. The change of season comes when the kids start wearing pants to school. Somewhere in December I think! Though I don't envy the upcoming winters for some of you!

Robin

Comment

Robin,

I'm soo jealous of YOU and your weather. If I never see snow again it will be too soon! I'd take 110 degrees over 40 below any day of the week!

Kelly

Comment

Well, (and of course I know I'll be singing a different song in a couple of weeks!) the only thing that is better in my book about it being cold is that you can add more layers...sit by the fire. Having survived 110F Texas summer days, I can say that when it is hot, all you can do is take off your clothes...and it gets so hot that you can't even go outside for more than a couple of minutes...yuck!!!

But speaking of weather...can you say COLD...wasn't it freezing today, Kelly?

Kris

Comment

I know, it is cold! I was hoping for a long indian summer.

I think that I may have a touch of that...what is it called...seasonal affectation disorder? I tend to get a little blue in the winter months but I'm hoping to nip this in the bud this winter by exercising regularly.

Kelly

Comment

It is reeeeaaaaallly cold! I can't believe it! Hey, I haven't seen this much frost in years....this is like winter in Florida..really, I drove the kids to the busstop the other day (the neighbors thought that was a riot! I wonder how I'll cope with the winter

I think I've had a touch of depression since the weather began changing...it seems darker and more...depressing..plus with it being colder we don't seem to get out as much...I've decided to cut down on my 'puter time and exercise more too...because I feel so much better when I've been unplugged for a while and I've been out riding my bike...

Does anyone else get the blues in the winter?

Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X