Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Builder Rave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder Rave

I'm posting this in the public forums only in the hope of giving them the tiniest bit of positive publicity if someone were to do an internet search. Mack Colt Homes -- I'm in love with them!

I was totally stressed out the other day to see 2 water spots in the ceiling of my downstairs powder room. This is a 3 year old house - and avoidance of these kinds of things are in large part why we bought a new home (it was 2 years when we bought it). I was whining to a neighbor who then told me about a leak another neighbor had last year - and her house is by the same builder. So I called the 2nd neighbor - it turns out her leak was much bigger, totally different area of the house - not something in the ceiling. BUT - she suggested that I call the builder. She said they're great - and at the very least might be able to reccomend an honest plumber who won't screw me. I called - and they were apologetic that they couldn't send their warranty man over that day (day 1 of bad weather), or probably the next day - would Monday be okay? They didn't guarantee they could fix it, but said it would be better to send the warranty guy over - he'd be more careful, methodical and less destructive. We did not build this house and have never worked w/the builder before - and I've been through the paperwork left behind -- there was no mention of a "warranty".

Anyway - the guy came over, cut 2 very careful holes in my wall in the laundry room upstairs and then 2 very careful holes in the ceiling in my 1st floor bathroom. He's now discovered the problem, left to get the equipment, and will return shortly to repair - coming back tomorrow to fix the holes.

Mack Colt Homes. If we stay in KS, our plan is to build in 5 years -- and they'll be our builder for sure.

Wow, very impressive.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I don't mean to harp - but the guy is here for DAY 3 of this endeavor! He patched up the ceiling in the powder room, and had to come back to do the texture after the patching dried. I just peaked in and he's re-texturing the entire ceiling so that it all looks right together.

Remember that this isn't costing me a penny! I baked him some scones yesterday. I feel like I should give him one of my kids in gratitude or something.

Comment

You could give him Quinn - you'd solve two problems at once! :>
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

That's what I was going to say!

See what happens when you paint on mommy's new paint and carpet?

That is so great, btw, that you are getting all that fixed for free. I think that has happened faster than if you had called a plumber and paid for it yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X