Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Vishenka, help please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vishenka, help please :)

Is it possible to post a pic of the dress and shoes? I'm having a hard time picturing everything in my head. If the dress has too much of a pattern, I'd keep the tights and shoes on the simple side. As Stacey likes to say "Don't get swallowed by the pattern." What about brown boots?

While I agree with Lily's logic on coordinating the tights and the shoes, I'm not sure how I feel about burgundy being that color. If you had a funky outfit on that'd be one thing but for a holiday party, I don't know.

Comment

I totally know the trend you're talking about but I'm not sure a patterned dress is part of it. If the dress has brown in it, brown boots might work too, but I'd think it's easier to find black. Do you generally need boots? If you do, then go for the boots, if not go for whatever you find first (and costs less) new dress or boots.

Comment

I say do a simple black tight with black roundtoe platform pumps...

Comment

Annie, you're very welcome. Do you have a very long coat you can throw on top?

Comment

Yay, I'm glad you found something! We'll want to see pictures, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by ladybug
              Fortunately it's valet
              I used to do party gigs as a valet in Albany to make money. If you get a chance, ask your valet who is in charge. If it is Jared Sparhawk, he and his family were friends of ours, and some of the valets will be people I used to know. Anyway, if you get the chance, say hi for Heidi Lamoreaux if on the off chance it is them. Random, I know.

I am sure you will look fab!
              Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

my turn. we are not going to the swanky party next sat...now we're going to the gyn/onc's house for a party. the dress is "festive". dh decided to tell me this last night. im kinda annoyed and yeah, stressed....its the first night of hanukkah. second, the only babysitter the kids have ever had wont be home on break until the day AFTER the party, third...because we decided AGAINST the other party, i put all ideas of worrying about getting something to wear out of my head.

now im a little peeved and i have to rush out and find something. also, i called the chick who cuts my hair...young, likes kids, has met them before...so hopefully she can come over to hang with my poor kids who will be ditched. mommy guilt...yes. "here is your present, see ya!"

slacks and a sweater okay for this festive thing?
                ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

It really depends on the pants and sweater, shoes and accesories. Well cut black pants, heels and a form fitting sweater - sure. Dress it up with some jewerly (even one festive piece will make all the difference) and don't forget heels and make-up.

Comment

thanks, vishenka

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                    X