Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Call

Ok gang- Just want to check in here and see who's amongst us after the move.

How about a quick reprisal of who you are, what branch of the service and where you are stationed and your spouses specialty. Any other pertinent details can of course, be included.

So, here goes:

Jenn, Army, Ft. Sam Houston/San Antonio Military Pediatrics Consortium (SAMPC in militaryese), Pediatrics.

Next?

Sally, Air Force, OB/GYN staff at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX -- less than three years to go!
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I'm new to this site, but I thought I would chime in anyway.

Sheila Theune, Army, Dallas, Vascular Surgery Fellowhship, Baylor University Medical Center (Sponsored Fellowship).

Comment

Lauren Clark, Lexington Ky, Husband is 1st year med, HPSP, he is interested in Gen Surg.
        People from San Antonio, do you like it there? San Antonio is one of the places that has a gen surg residency so we are interested in Lackland.

Comment

I love SA- I hate Texas, but the town is great. We live in the downtown area between both the Army and Air Force Hospitals.

I will be sad to go at the end of residency but- happy to move on to the next step in the Big Adventure. I am an Army of One....haha

Jenn

Comment

Lauren,

We loved San Antonio (where DH did residency) and hated to leave....so much to do there! And a cheap place to live.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Since my husband and I have FINALLY decided where we'll be next year, I am able to put my name here on the Roll Call board (I think).

He has decided to go with USUHS, so starting this upcoming Fall of 2003, he'll be a first year med student with the Army!

It's been a ride to get to this point, so we are both relieved and my family is dealing with it admirably!

Peggy
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Well, I am putting our info here. We aren't exactly into the military yet, and I can think of lots of questions to ask everyone here, but will save it for another post!

Matt,Air Force/deferred reserve(?) will payback with 4 years active duty after residency, Pediatrics

Our time is getting closer, should be interesting. DW is taking the full 3 months allowed by Family Leave Act for pregnancy and that will push her finish out till Sept 30 2004. Board exams are in October, but she will have to go straight into COT....not sure how that will work, if at all!?

Comment

Congrats Peggy! Welcome to the USUHS family!

Matt- I have no idea how that will all come together for you guys- but I'm sure it will! Now that they have your wife in their (our?) clutches, they'll be sure to make it all come together one way or another!

Jenn

(One of the interns here delivered about 2 weeks into internship year but because she was already active duty, she was back in six weeks)

Comment

My info:

Jennifer
                    My husband:
                    Air Force
                    Radiology resident, 2nd year
                    Boston - Brigham and Women's Hospital
                    Currently in a military-sponsored residency at a civilian hospital, also owes payback for HPSP during medical school

I LOVE San Antonio and Texas (I'm a native Texan myself and we can be ferociously patriotic to our state). Lackland as a base is fine - we stayed there while rotating through Wilford Hall. The town of San Antonio is a wonderful place - low cost of living and very friendly with lots to do to occupy your time and energy in the surrounding area.
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Working...
                    X