Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Humanitarian Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humanitarian Mission

So, my husband was thrown under the bus AGAIN. But this time it's only for 10 days to Honduras. Definitely doable vs. the whole Iraq deployment.

There's a nutritional study that's being done with children in the villages and the peds program sends a team in every few months to monitor.

Oh well, he didn't go during residency so I guess it's time.

Anyone else have anything on the horizon?

Jenn

Re: Humanitarian Mission

September- of course when I need to be in Dallas for a training- luckily my mom can swoop in from Maryland to take care of the dude.

J.

Comment

By any chance is Rick going the last week in August/first week in September? Sean is going to the Honduras to operate on colorectal/urogenital defects with a humanitarian mission then.

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Safe travels to your hubbies, Jenn and Kelly!
        married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Man - I would jump at the chance for a 10 day mission to latin america. We both dream about being able to return to Brazil or visit another latin american country where I can use my Portuguese and Spanish skills, figuring I can work as a receptionist/translator and they can do the doctoring.
          Kris

Comment

Wow. We've got nothing major on the horizon here, unless you count him flying to Chicago at 6AM, returning tonight at 11PM, flying out to Charlotte tomorrow afternoon, returning Thursday or Friday ... oh and then 5 days in Anchorage next week.

Comment

dh went to el salvador for two weeks (?) and LOVED it. he said it was one of the most rewarding things he did, while enlisted.

very greatful and generous people...people who had/have nothing, but were trying to give to dh and the other soldiers.
              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Kelly-

How odd- nope our team will be there after that- I don't know how much is classified- you wouldn't think much would be but you never know. The team that went to Columbia last September had to get airlifted out of there- there was word that they were about to be added to the list of FARC captives in the jungle.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                X