Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fellowship News!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellowship News!

My husband was accepted for the Pediatric Neurology Fellowship!!! That means we're heading back to DC!!! He was actually surprised (he had convinced himself that he wouldn't get it)

Whew- that's a relief- now I don't have to worry about going to Ft. Irwin, CA.

Jenn

What wonderful news for you guys, especially so close to Christmas! I am really glad for you. Congratulate your husband for Travis and I. Now enjoy your fancy dinner tonight -- you made plans to go out no matter what you found out, right? How did the others in the Peds program fare?

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Woooohoooooo!

Congratulations, Jenn...you must be so excited!!!!! 8)

I'm really happy for you both! DC it is

Kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Congratulations! That's very exciting. I love good news.
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Yay! Congratulations! And welcome back to DC! Now there are a few of us in the area.

Comment

Many congrats to both of you.
            Luanne
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Jenn -

CONGRATS! I am sure you are doubly excited ... he got the fellowship and you get out of Texas and back to DC ... LOL

Congratulations again

Aisha

Comment

I haven't had a chance to say so earlier. Congratulations on your fabulous news. I have very happy for you and your husband!! I bet you will enjoy returning to the DC area.

Happy Holidays.

Jennifer
                Needs

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I am so off the wall excited that I've alrady sent my resume to some places! I've contacted a realtor both here and in DC and I called everyone to tell them we were coming home. Or course the only person who wasn't truly thrilled was my MIL. She really doesn't understand that he didn't apply for a fellowship so that his wife could move home. (Although that's what he's telling me, the sh**head!)

So, thanks for getting me through these last few weeks!

Jenn

Comment

LOL
                    Jenn,
                    How close will you be living to your mil?
                    Luanne
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Jenn---

WOOO PARTY! I know that you must be thrilled!

Kelly

Sorry for the late reply---I don't often slip into this forum.
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Luanne-

thankfully, she's in California...

but Ft. Irwin was on his backup list and I guess she got herself all excited. Ft. Irwin would ahve been my own personal hell. 30 minutes away from the closet town but only and hour and a half away from my MIL...

Jenn

Comment

Jenn!!
                          I am so thrilled for you and your hubby!
                          First, I am excited that he got his fellowship. That is wonderful news.
                          Second, I know how glad you are to moving back to DC--woowooo! I have to admit, I'm jealous. I so love DC, since I went to grad school in that neck of the woods, and I wish we were headed there next year, too!
                          Let us know how your job search and house hunt go!

Comment

Jen-

Where are you guys headed? Your hubby doesn't have to go out does he? What are the options for the Navy peds people?

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                            X