Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New Army Class A Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Army Class A Uniform

So, got the up close look at the new Army Dress Uniform- the ones that's supposed to replace the Class A's and the Dress Blues. I have to say they look REALLY nice in person. I bunch of the Army ambassadors for Fiesta (they select representatives from each branch to represent that branch at all of the Fiesta functions.

Much, much better than the green girl scout uniform and the blue of the new pant is a much more attractive blue. Less tourquoisey blue and closer to a midnight blue. (I'd say Navy blue but that would be most uncool!)

Jenn

That's great. I always hated wearing the green class A's. Are they made from better material?
    Kris

Comment

They appear to be less 1970's polyester pantsuit. I'm sure they're not wool but I think they're probably a better blend of better fibers. The shirts are crisp white and the blouse for the women is SO much more flattering. It looks like they can wear either the beret or the actual real hat with a brim. The Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps was at one of the local events and while their commander was in shorts and a T-shirt (I have no idea why but he was clearly embarrassed) the rest of them (who weren't performing obviously- those guys were in the colonial uniform) were in the new uniform.

And there's a move afoot to require only those in the field to be allowed to wear the ACUs- everyone else will have to go back to formality. I think they look a little more put together that way but my husband is less than thrilled at the prospect.

Jenn

Comment

Acu=bdu?
        Kris

Comment

Kris-

The ACU is the new BDU.

Army Combat Uniform.

Jenn

Comment

Just goes to show how long I have been out!
            Kris

Comment

hahha jen- DH and I thought ACU stands for All Climate Uniform.

I'll have to tell him.

He's going to be very sad to have to wear the *class uglies* as I call the Class A's (but a crisp white shirt is much better than that horrid sea foam green-- so not compatible with dh's coloring...)... He likes wearing the ACUs and he doesn't have to worry about ironing them. But, personally, I think the regular uniform looks much better (more professional) than wearinth the ACUs so I can see the command's perspective on this.

I'm still totally miffed about these new uniforms though. And they don't give us any type of allowance for them, so it's out of pocket. What a crock. Especially the Dress Blues which I suppose DH will have to buy for his graduation from Residency. Since he only bought his other dress blues for grad from med school and that's the ONLY time he's worn them, I guess we're going to follow the pattern here...

Sigh...
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Just re-read your post...

So they will have to wear the Class B's?? They aren't changing those? and they are taking away the class A's so the ugly spinach baby poop colored suit jacket is no longer going to be used?

DH won't be happy to wear the Class B's to work, I know that. He wore them almost every day for years 1 and 2 of USU. Sigh...

I wish they'd change those. Looks like the seafoam green shirt is here to stay...
                Peggy

Comment

Nope- Class B's disappear alltogether and the A's and Dress are combined into one. When does he finish because they have another year before they HAVE to have the new one.

Green Girl Scout uniform is GONE!

J

Comment

OK so what will they wear to work then? Break it down for me, Jenn...

And DH won't graduate until Spring 2012... So I'm pretty sure we're going to get screwed... Again.
                    Peggy

Comment

I just googled it and from army.mil Q&A it looks like the complete phase out for the dress blues isn't until 2014, so we might be ok...

still looking for a picture of what they are supposed to wear to work-- they are calling those the ASU? (Army Service Uniform)...

White shirt, got that... But I'm not sure about the rest of it.

It looks like he may be able to still wear the ugly greens for the time being too.

We'll see....
                      Peggy

Comment

and here's the link to the pictures of the new hot uniforms...

http://www.army.mil/asu/index.html
                        Peggy

Comment

Working...
                        X