Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Support the Troops magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support the Troops magnets

I'm posting it here bc the military forum is always looking so lonely!

Anyway, we buy these ribbons for our cars mostly to help spot them in a parking lot (if you own a blue camry in the DC area, you know why! I have spent way too many hours looking for it and walking to various cars...)

Anyway, we have a few magnets- but I also like to have the support our troops ribbon since DH is a military guy, but they ALWAYS get stolen.

Is this common elsewhere? They don't fall off on their own bc the other magnets are still there (like the elem school, swim team, etc).

Is *support our troops* so offensive? Really? I don't get it... Just curious.
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Wow - that's awful! I can't understand people who do stuff like that.
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

OK - I want to believe it is because they want to support the troops and don't know where to buy the magnets. So wrong otherwise.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
        (if you own a blue camry in the DC area, you know why! I have spent way too many hours looking for it and walking to various cars...)
        Yes. I have a black camry and just yesterday my friend tried to get in a different car. Thus the reason I have special plate holders around my license plate in the front and back.

That's awful about the ribbons. I do not get why people would take them at all.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Someone took my Obama/Biden magnet from the commissary parking lot- which annoyed me because isn't the whole reason to BE in the military to defend my right to say what I want? Asshats.

People are weird.

J.

Comment

This happens after about every 4-5 months of having the magnet... I just don't get it-- but we keep replacing them!

I would never take anything off of another car... I don't get it...
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I have had my OBama & school magnets stolen.
              Peggy: I would assume your ribbon was taken by a cheapskate and my school one as well
              Jenn my OBAma magnet was taken as well. A friend on FB posted about her Obama magnet that went missing after grocery shopping...2 of her friends had posted the same thing when I posted & said "same here" made me think it was a cart collector. :-/

Comment

My aunt always got her Dallas Cowboys magnet taken when she lived in Orange County.
                Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Ive had stuff stolen, too. I assumed it was a kid. When I was a teenager, my friends and I "collected" those styrofoam ball thingies people put on their antennas. Never occurred to us that we were stealing ... Duh

Comment

When I was a teenager, my friends and I "collected" those styrofoam ball thingies people put on their antennas. Never occurred to us that we were stealing ... Duh
                    We teach patients with memory "issues" to mark their cars with something on the antennae. How many poor demented people couldn't find their cars after you hooligans did this!!!!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123 View Post
                      How many poor demented people couldn't find their cars after you hooligans did this!!!!
                      oh the shame ... and then there were the people at the donut shop who couldn't have a napkin b/c I stole the dispenser off the table ...

Comment

Peggy,

We've lost quite a few magnets off of the van too...Germany, Lymphoma.... What is up with people that they just steal things like that right off of people's cars? When I was parked at the airport while I was at Texas, we had just gotten back from Montana and the van was covered in dirt. Someone drew a giant penis with package (sigh) on the side of my car in the dirt. I didn't realize it until the next day when I was driving the boys to school on their first day.

Did I mention that people suck?

Kris
                        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

My sister still has the Krystal Burger sugar dispenser we stole over 30 years ago!

Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Shakti View Post
                            oh the shame ... and then there were the people at the donut shop who couldn't have a napkin b/c I stole the dispenser off the table ...
                            lol. You crack me up! You were such a juvenile delinquent.
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
                              lol. You crack me up! You were such a juvenile delinquent.
                              I hung out with the juvenile delinquents b/c they all wore black and black is slimming ... I was too afraid of my mom to drink or try any drugs, so petty thievery was my "thing". Styrofoam antenna balls, cups from coffee houses (I've still got a glass from Tommy's on Coventry *shout out to my Cleveland peeps*). My dark history is finally unearthed.

Comment

Working...
                              X