Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

It's a great day to be a military doctor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a great day to be a military doctor!

Enjoy the bonuses, everyone who got one! I love looking in the checking account and seeing more than I make in a year.

and thank you to everyone who paid their taxes on time this year!

J.

Well... We don't qualify yet because he's still in training... Sigh...

But Jenn- they do this bonus on the 1st of Oct, one lump sum right? It's the *special pay* based on your specialty? Do they also eventually put the retention bonuses into this one payment? I'm just curious... We are a decade away from being able to qualify for a retention bonus lol. We'll hopefully get this specialty pay bonus just after DH starts fellowship- October following graduating from residency... I hope...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Yay! Your family (and all military families) definitely deserves it! Any big plans?
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
        . . . and thank you to everyone who paid their taxes on time this year!
        No, thank YOU.

Comment

Hmmm one more reason to go the military route. DH decided he wants to go FAP. Especially after he found out his chief did.

Comment

we didn't get ours yet, probably because we aren't in some system. It took forever for us to get the pay set up correctly.
            Wife to a urologist; Mom to 2 wonderful kiddos

Comment

Oh yes, buying anything fun?
              Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
              "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife View Post
                No, thank YOU.

Ditto, it's well deserved!
                Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
                  Enjoy the bonuses, everyone who got one! I love looking in the checking account and seeing more than I make in a year.

and thank you to everyone who paid their taxes on time this year!

J.
                  I hope you go shopping!
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Paid off dear hubby's car and bought some long uniforms pants for the kid. So far, that's it! (sad...)

Mostly we're leaving it in savings until the DC house sells. Boring buy necessary.

J

Comment

Peggy- we get three plus the Boards pay which is included monthly. The June bonus is the specialty bonus and the October bonus is the retention bonus. (which is why they do it in October- they wait until after the contracts are signed in July.) The third was the retention bonus that Rick signed up for adding 4 more years because I told him if he wanted a motorcycle he needed to find a way to pay for it. and the first year we didn't get the October bonus until mid-October.

J.

Comment

Well deserved! I hope your house sells fast so you can use the money on more fun things.

Comment

So we won't get the fat retention bonus for a while. And that sucker can be FAT.

But that's good to know about the bonus pay-- makes sense. Our usual pay raises happen in May bc that's when DH graduated from USU and that's when he promoted, etc., etc...
                          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Yep- that's the best part about the USU thing- they make rank first and get the first promotions-we're still on that cycle too.

J.

Comment

Working...
                            X