Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

New military spouse, Just saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New military spouse, Just saying hi

I just posted in the Introductions section but thought I'd say hi here too. I'm the wife of a PGY2 internal medicine resident in the Army. He attended the military's medical school in Maryland and now we're in Hawaii for residency. So I'm glad to see there is specifically a military board on here-- I'm sure I'll come asking questions when we get close to the end of residency and being sent someone else.

Hi!!! Nice to meet you! My husband went to USUHS, stayed at Walter Reed for his ENT residency and just finished. We are off to a 2 year fellowship at Stanford university, then we will be stationed most likely either in Hawaii or madigan (ft Lewis) in Washington state.

I bet our husbands have worked together!!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Hello-

Fellow USUHS grad here, too. My husband did his peds residency at BAMC here in San Antonio, Child Neurology fellowship back at WRAMC and now we're back here in San Antonio. He's at 18 or 19 (ish) years in (there is some debate) and has four or five (ish) more years left. I figure someone must know somewhere.

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome! My husband went to a civilian med school but entered the Air Force through the HPSP. He's PGY-4 and just about to graduate from a military residency.

Comment

Wow! Other USUHS folks! Small world; I figured no one on here would have heard of it My husband did most of his rotations at Walter Reed during med school, and also some time at Madigan and a month at Fort Belvoir. I figure we'll end up in DC again or San Antonio for fellowship (whether or not that's immediately after residency, who knows). He wants to do GI at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Holding the Fort View Post
            Wow! Other USUHS folks! Small world; I figured no one on here would have heard of it.
            Medicine is a small world. And we're a REALLY diverse group.

Welcome!

Comment

WOW~ love this site! We are in year 6 of residency and hubby is military BUT he did a civilian residency program or rather is doing one. We are hoping for Oahu for his pay back time....I would love to hear what you think of it there?

Comment

Hi hanginginthere--- have you introduced yourself? Sorry if I missed that! I am guessing your dh is doing a surgery residency-- is he doing fellowship too?
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Oops I am sorry I guess I didn't introduce myself here...Yes, hubby is neurosurgery so we have this year and next left...I told him after 7 years of residency the least he can do is try to get us to Hawaii- joking We have a 2 year old daughter and I am a SAHM

Comment

Working...
                  X