Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Recalled at 4:30am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recalled at 4:30am

Anyone else's spouse have the dreaded re-call this morning? He didn't have to go in, but did have to call the next doc on the list and wait for them to call back, etc. Super fun in the middle of the night.

I'm guessing they decided to check the emergency response plan after the Navy yard incident yesterday.

I'm so tired.

J.

Tara
    Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Jenn - that sucks. BUT, DH has had two recent mass casualty drills in the last three months, and it became clear quickly that response plans get quickly forgotten if they're not practiced. Two days ago, we were in a discussion with a group of docs about live shooter procedures and drills. While shootings has always been a concern in the Ed, these policies and procedures didn't exist five years ago. It's something I really don't like to think about.
      -Deb
      Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Oh, I understand the WHY but it still sucks!

J.

Comment

We aren't at a MTF so nothing this time.

I still remember the very chirpy 4:30 AM wake up to our home phone. Dh was totally asleep so I answered-- she said "good morning lt. C!!! It's time for your urine test screen!" And I was like, "whaaaa???" Dh got the phone and gave them his cell for future reminders.

We haven't had to deal with the whole phone call thing lately-- the last one I remember happened earlier (like around 11am) so it wasn't that bad. It took dh a long time to find his list of ppl to call....
          Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I don't know what a re-call is, but judging by the responses here, I am offering my sympathy! I hope this won't mean any extra time away from the family and that the annoyance will be limited to a middle of the night phone call!

Kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Peggy has a good point - wouldn't it be just as effective at 11pm or 6am when people are kind of done for the day, but you're not wrecking everyone's night sleep? I'm guessing there's a lot of caffeine being consumed right now.
              -Deb
              Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

And 4:30am is certainly better than 2:00 am. At least you can power through the day, but getting up and actually functioning at 0200 and then going back to sleep would be much worst, IMHO.
                Kris

Comment

PGY4 Nephrology Fellow

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there.

~ Rumi

Comment

Working...
                  X