Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

AF assignments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF assignments

Does anyone have any idea when Air Force assignments will come out?

If you mean assignments for those finishing residency and going to their first assignment.....the earliest anyone hears is March, but nothing is final until you have your orders in hand. What specialty are you and where are you hoping to end up? I hope things turn out well!

Sally[/i]
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

My DW is a FAP for the Air Force, and we were told it would be somewhere around April 15th when we heard something. But what Sally mentioned about orders in hand seems to be the way to expect it to happen!

Comment

answers

Would you guys think I was nuts if I was afraid to answer all those questions cause I could easily be identified and you never know who is reading this (i.e. assignments officers)?

Anyway, we got most of our questions answered by our assignments officer yesterday. But now my big question is- what happens if a base closes that you are stationed- do you go through the whole assignment process again? What if any chioces does the person get? Has anyone had their speciality close at their location and what did they do?
        Thanks

Comment

Would you guys think I was nuts if I was afraid to answer all those questions cause I could easily be identified and you never know who is reading this (i.e. assignments officers)?

Jack...No, we wouldn't...we're all nuts around here anyway! Ummm...I mean....well, I can only speak for myself

You can always 'tweak' the facts a little bit to protect your identity...or send someone a private message...also, if you are interested, the private forums are password protected and anyone who is not registered as a user can't even see them......Then you have to get special permission to get in

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Jack,

If your base closes, I would guess you would have to go through the whole process again.....but hopefully you would get a little more preferential treatment than someone who is being assigned for the first time. Sometimes a base hospital stops having a particular specialty, but allows the physician to see clinic on base and moves all inpatient procedures to the civilian hospital in the adjoining community.....that is true here, for all specialties that deal with inpatient care.

I appreciate your paranoia but I highly doubt that the assignments officers read here, since they aren't physicians themselves.

I am guessing you are Air Force because of your use of the word "base", so feel free to PM me if you have questions that you want to keep confidential. PM jorleine if you have questions that are more specific to the Army.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
            X