Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Anybody looking for a place to live near Walter Reed/USUHS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody looking for a place to live near Walter Reed/USUHS?

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I are currently living in South Korea, where she is currently serving as a GMO, but we will soon be PCSing to San Diego for her residency in Dermatology.

Prior to PCSing to Korea, we lived in a beautiful townhouse in Silver Spring, MD, where we lived during my wife's internship at Walter Reed. Since we weren't sure where we might end up for residency and really loved the house, we decided to rent our home rather than sell, in case we ever ended up back in D.C. at some point (we really enjoyed living there).

Such being the case, we are currently looking to rent our house for the next few years. The townhouse is located on Georgia Avenue, across the street from the Wheaton Metro stop, and has 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a deck, hot tub, and fenced-in back yard. It is also a close 10 to 15 minute drive from Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Bethesda Naval Hospital, and USUHS. The beltway is about 3 minutes away, just down Georgia Avenue. Rent would be $2,000/month, plus utilities. We would preffer at least a one year contract. The house will be available starting 1 June 2004 (or possibly even as early as May 1).

Ideally, we would prefer to find someone in the military medical community to rent to, since in our experience we have found them to be fairly responsible individuals (not that we are biased in any way, you understand). We also know from our own experience how difficult it can be to find housing close to Walter Reed, Bethesda, and USUHS and would like to provide someone with the opportunity to live closeby one of these facilities in a very nice home, in a very good location, for a reasonable price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, if anyone happens to know of a reasonably priced home for sale or rent within commuting distance of Balboa Navy Medical Hospital in San Diego, we are currently very interested in any information regarding the current real estate situation there (I know things look pretty bleak at the moment, but perhaps someone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone... etc.). Or, if you happen to own a house in San Diego, and are PCSing to Walter Reed, perhaps we could sort of "trade houses" for a few years... OK it was just a thought...

Hey there- I PMed you my information-

Jenn

Comment

Working...
    X