Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is everyone?

I mean in the literal sense- although things have been rather quiet!

We are in San Antonio- the peds program is a combined Army/Air Force program but we're assigned to Ft. Sam Houston.

Where is everyone else?

Jenn

We're in Memphis - just praying that the military obligation will vanish It is so obvious that I hate this, isn't it? We are starting to think about fellowship time - and asking the AF to defer for that.

Comment

We are at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX. I have lately been taking care of three boys (how on earth did I end up with three boys, coming from a family of four girls?) and setting up our new computer, which is awesome. The end of residency certainly has its perks, even in the military!

Sally
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Well, we're not on a military base, although Jon is an active duty captain (not reserves!). We're in Dallas, TX, for his transitional year until June when we move up to Massachussetts for the radiology portion of Jon's residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital. We're in a unique situation that only three other people in the history of the Air Force have been in - and it is weird (being active duty and all the stuff that goes along with it but not being anywhere near a base for the next few years).

Jennifer

Comment

We're in Phoenix, AZ. My fiance has an interview @ Travis Airforce Base for a Family Medicine residency program. He also applied to Airforce Programs in Maryland, Illinois, and Florida.

-Rachel

Comment

Well, Texas is sure well represented! I can't wait until residency is over. Last night rick told me that he thinks he's settled on a fellowship program (which is in DC-yay!!!). One of the Lt. Col. was telling us about the bonus' that they get every June. Of course he said the Army overpaid them several thousand dollars and he knew they'd figure it out eventually, so he invested the money, made some money on it and gave it back when they asked! Pretty smart!

Jennifer- we had a resident leave SA to go to Yale for a nephrology fellowship. What a completely different world! Does your husband get to wear civilian clothes to work?

Has anyone had people deployed? There were two docs from Wilford Hall deployed and none from Ft. Sam (yet, anyway).

Jenn

Comment

Does Jon wear civilian clothes to work? Good grief, yes!!! The nearest Air Force base is over an hour drive away and his residency program would have serious issues with him wearing a military uniform (they are required to be in a tie during the day and they wear scrubs at night). Like I said, it's weird! He's a full-fledged active duty military officer in many, many ways, but in many more his life is vastly different from other active-duty military residents. When he goes up to Harvard it will be even more different I imagine since the nearest Air Force base let alone Air Force hospital will be VERY far away indeed! Pretty much we have to deal with the military a few times a month and otherwise we forget that he is military. His dad was an Air Force officer and his life was far different than Jon's - that's for sure!

Jennifer

Comment

Working...
              X