Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rachel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rachel

Have you guys heard where you're going yet? Just wondering if you were able to get a civilian residency?

Jenn
    Edited by: jloreine at: 1/9/02 4:39:19 pm

Hey! Sorry it's been awhile. We just got into Maryland. My husband is doing his residency program here at Andrews Airforce Base. The people are all very nice. Our first pick was Travis, but we're here now. Where are you stationed?

Comment

We're still in San Antonio. My husband's first pick was Hawaii and then Seattle- but I was perfectly happy with SA. How have you adjusted so far? Does he likes Andrews? Are you guys living off-base? I used to work near Andrews and live not too far away.

Keep us posted- don't be a stranger!

Jenn

Comment

I really liked San Antonio, except for the bugs and the humidity (same problem here). Andrews is ok. We do live off base. I didn't want to do the whole living on base b/c it feels like your being watched all the time. Last night, they had a meeting for all of the medical spouses. It's a group that gets together for the spouses. It was cool to meet the other spouses at Andrews. How long do you have at San Antonio?

Comment

Sounds like fun, Jenn! I had dinner with some of the 2nd and 3rd year residents my husband works with. They were really cool. They told me about the Airforce Travel Club. Have you ever heard of it? They will be sending us the url to check it out. It's cool because there are really great discounts for military folk for vacation around the world! Have you taken advantage of this great benefit?

Comment

We have 11 more months- not that I'm counting or anything. I like SA, but I'm getting tired of the job scene here. I always get antsy after I've worked anywhere for more than 2 years. (luckily this is acceptable in my field!!)

I'm trying to convince him to apply for a fellowship back in the DC area but he wants to go out for a few years before fellowship because he'll be really limited in assignments once he specializes. So, maybe we'll be heading overseas next!

Jenn

Comment

We used the Travel Service through Ft. Sam to go to Las Vegas but haven't used any of the military facilities that are available. My husband stayed on the Air Force resort in Hawaii and said it's just gorgeous!

Check out http://www.armymwr.mil (think it's .mil anyway). There's an Army resort at Disney that they're rehabbing right now that looks really nice, too.

Jenn

Comment

There are also some books on space A flights and the various miliary-owned vacation spots (theirs one here in Mass on Cape Cod for instance). You can get fabulous deals on fairly expensive spots around the country if you book well in advance for the vacation spots and if you are willing to be a bit spontaneous with space A travel.

Jennifer

Comment

We haven't had any luck with Space A flights- they're always booked full with retirees. But it's worth a shot- my friend and her husband went to Germany for their honeymoon on Space A flights.

Jenn

Comment

We took a troop carrier to South America when I was a little girl..it was a real adventure...we had to wear ear plugs because the engines were so loud, and the toilet was actually up on a ladder with a sheet around it. I was in the 8th grade and was mortified by that

But it is a neat, inexpensive way to go...

Kris
                    "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
                    Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                    X