Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stop Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Loss

Hey Jenn,

Have you heard about how the stop loss policy is affecting docs? There is an OB/GYN up here at Sheppard (he actually switched to flight surgery, but that is another story...) that is scheduled to get out this May and has a job set up here in town, but has been told there is no guarantee he will be able to get out. It doesn't really concern me because we have 3 1/2 more years, but this terrorist stuff is supposed to go on for a while, so it got me wondering if Uncle Sam is just going to keep all docs indefinitely...... any thoughts?

Sally

Hey Sally-

(and yes, I need to email you- I'm horrible!)

We've been told that the Stop Loss does apply to docs. I know that it's been applied to the techs and nurses, too. I don't know when it's going to be lifted.

Did you know that Mexico is now off limits to Air Force Personnel? They cannot go in to Mexico and if they do and are caught will be prosecuted for being AWOL. How odd! It really impacted some of our friends who were planning a vacation- they ended up going to the Bahamas (not off limits) instead. and this doesn't apply to Army.

Gotta love the logic!

Jenn

Comment

That is very weird! We went to Mexico last fall (2000) for our 10th anniversary and I was thinking we should go again before we leave TX -- it is such a cheap getaway from here. I wonder why?

Comment

I just read this and I'm curious to know if this policy is still in effect. You see, many of my husband's relatives still live in Mexico and we are planning a trip there in the next few years (while he is in the Air Force) to see the ruins among other things. My husband's family would all have strokes if they knew about this! Also, does anyone know the reasoning behind this new no AF personnel in Mexico rule? And, is Australia off limits? The fellowship my husband is contemplating applying for includes a three month stint in Australia. Just wondering....
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

You know, I don't know if it's still in place. I would think not, but then again, why would anything the military does make sense!!

And really, as long as he's listed a contact when he's on leave, it shouldn't matter where he goes.

Jenn

PS- I'll ask around, we're meeting some friends after work tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
          X