Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Should we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we?

My husband is seriously considering asking for a new assignment for our final two years in the Air Force. The situation with one of the (poorly trained) doctors in his clinic has not gone away, and the Air Force higher ups are not going to do anything proactively about this person. Travis does not want to be around when the s*** hits the fan (this doc has had several close calls already) because he is afraid that he might get dragged into it.

Not to mention that we hate it here.

We were already planning to go to the Armed Forces District meeting of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology -- it's in Hawaii, of course we would go! But now we're glad we planned to go because that is where the whole assignment process gets started. We are hoping that being two years out of residency, in a position where we don't HAVE to move, will give us a little more clout.....some background: we have learned that we had our first choice assignment out of residency, until a doc (who used to be here, strangely enough) that was a year out of residency let it be known that she wanted the assignment that we had. She got it and we ended up here. She had seniority over my husband only because she had been out of residency for a year -- she did a civilian residency. So we are hoping to work the system in our favor this time.

We go to Hawaii at the end of October and we are trying to get our preferences in order before then.....any thoughts?
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Sounds like a very good plan - that's all I have to offer!

Jennifer

Comment

Sally-

Because Travis has a year out, he'll have more points than someone straight out of residency- so, GO FOR IT!

Jenn

Comment

Good luck! I seriously hope that this works out for you.

By the way, Sally, if you get posted in Hawaii, we are all coming to visit you! (In other words---Party at Sally's!!)

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

I just noticed this post, Sally....

My vote, for what it's worth......is of course HAWAII...the stress of being in bad working conditions isn't worth it...but all of that aside....HAWAII, Sally...there's no question here!

Any news?

Kris

Comment

Sorry guys, only the MEETING where new assignments are first discussed is in Hawaii. Our new assignment is more likely to be in the St. Louis or Omaha area (if there are spots available, that is) -- but you are all welcome to visit, just the same!

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

ummmmm, well, errrrr...we errrrrrrrrrrrrrr probably won't get that vacation time off after all

JUST KIDDING!

MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!

Kris

Comment

Working...
              X