Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Lackland or Ft Sam Spouse's groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lackland or Ft Sam Spouse's groups?

I posted this question on the welcome forum and I guess it should have been posted here. Does anyone know or have any info about a resident spouses group at Lackland AFB TX(where my husband is stationed) or at Ft Sam TX(maybe they will let me tag along). We've been here since June and I haven't met a soul on base yet-my husband was already knee-deep in rotations when I got here. He says there isn't any active group. I think he's probably wrong.

There were active auxilliary groups at both hospitals when I was there and I am pretty sure there still are. You might call Lackland and ask, or if you are there for any reason, ask the volunteers (usually older people) if they can help you find out anything about it. I would tell you to INSIST that your husband find out, but working those kind of hours, it is unlikely that he has much of a chance to ask questions, and being a transitional intern, he doesn't have a "department" as such to fill him in on stuff for spouses. I am sure they are still there -- it was a pretty active group while I was there. I didn't participate much, mainly because we lived on the other side of town (NE) because OB/GYN was a combined program and my husband was at BAMC half the time. I had friends who were fairly active in the Lackland group. Good luck!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

thanks, Sally- I was wondering if where we lived might affect how often I was able to participate in spouse group activities. We live in north central SA, about 30 min from Lackland. In retrospect, we should have bought a house closer to base, but my husband just loved the lot the house was on--although now we have herds of deer to contend with...anyway, I have since figured out that most of the other spouses probably live in west SA, closer to the base. hmmm...

Comment

There were a lot of spouses from the OB/GYN dept. that lived north central -- I bet there are others, too. I hope you are able to find out more!

Sally
        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Hey there-

I answered up on the other site- BAMC has an auxiliary but I wasn't able to go to any of the meetings. I'm sure that Lackland has both a hospital auxiliary and a Family Support Group for the other personnel who work there.

We live downtown and there are a few physicians that live in our neighborhood but mostly everyone lives either by the Quarry or by Sea World. We are the only people in Peds that live downtown.

Hope that helps.

(Besides, you've just met some spouses! We just need to meet face to face!)

Jenn

Comment

San Antonio

Hi! I live in the North Central San Antonio area. My husband is at Lackland in Internal Medicine. I don't go to any support groups through theh base (since we are so far away), but I do have other connections such as schools, preschools, churches. If you would like some info or to meet a friendly face, email me at pskluzacek@satx.rr.com.

Lynn S.

Comment

Hi Lynn- add your info to the roll call here. I didn't know we had another San Antonian amongst us! How long have you guys been here?

Jenn

Comment

spouse's group...

You guys need to form your own group and get-together and meet!

Kris
                ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Hello all you San Antonio people!!

I just got here in July and live on the west side 6 miles north of Sea World and 6 miles south of Fiesta Texas right off of Anderson loop 1604. I have been amazed at how many military medical families I have met so far here.

It is nice to know that you are out here!!!!

Robin

Comment

Working...
                  X