Well, I'm not so great about updating... But in my defense, I've been trying very hard to keep Baby a secret, and that's all I've really wanted to write about!

On that note, yay I'm going to have a baby!!! I can't believe my second trimester starts on Monday. I guess it will seem So Slow later on, but this trimester has flown by. I'm so unprepared... I've bought one baby toy, and that's it. I need to get on the ball!

My company is not doing well at all. Yesterday, they called a mandatory meeting where they announced they would be doing layoffs in all departments. I've never been through anything like that, and I can't tell you how much it sucked. They will be taking voluntary resignations of people who have been there for at least 10 years until Monday. Those people will get salary and benefits until the end of December. Then on Thursday and Friday, they'll call us all in individually and let us know if we're being "eliminated". Those people will get one week's pay for every two years of employment. Very crummy severence packages... But that's what happens when you run a company into the ground before trying to do anything about it, I guess.

Since I was planning to quit when the baby was born, I went ahead and volunteered. It just didn't seem right to let someone else lose their job when I would be giving notice in about six months. Still, it stinks for us. We probably have enough in savings now, but we were really planning on having that time to save more. And I haven't been there long enough to get any kind of severence. I'm hoping to be able to find a temp job in the meantime. Several people at work have offered to submit my resume to their contacts and see if they can find anything.

At least I'll be leaving kind of on my own terms, and it won't be a surprise next week. A little bit of control over a powerless situation always helps. I had a feeling my job would be cut anyway, since we have two business analysts, and the other one has been there a lot longer than I have. I'm sure they would be looking at eliminating duplicate positions first. I guess I've always kind of felt like they didn't have enough work for me to do, so it's not such a bad idea for this department to lose my position.

So, life's been good and bad lately. We'll make it fine, just not exactly the way we'd planned. And if you know us, you know we're planners! DH has been great about all of this. I know it's a huge stress to suddenly be depending on only his income, but he's been really supportive.