I had my first baby shower yesterday! So exciting! And quite the adventure to go with it...

We had another winter storm come through on Thursday, so the city was shut down for two days. (Yes, OKC handles it that well!) There was about 3/4" of ice covered with 6-8 inches of snow. The snow stopped falling on Friday night around midnight, and my shower was scheduled for Saturday afternoon. I was so upset that I wasn't going to make it to the shower, and my sister (who was the hostess) had to work on Sunday, so if we moved it to today, she couldn't be there. I am embarrassed at how much I cried all afternoon Friday as the snow kept falling... There really wasn't a solution if I couldn't make it - I think they'd probably just have it without me. But she put so much work into it, and I just had to be there, so I decided I would just go. The road crews would have had 8 hours to get stuff cleaned up...

DH was on call Friday night, and when he got home on Saturday morning, I told him I was going. He looked at me like he knew I would say that, and he said "Well, you're not going by yourself." So my dear, sweet, post-call husband drove us 200 miles on a layer of ice in our little Ford Focus so I could make it to my shower. (The road crews had kindly plowed the snow off the road to reveal the ice underneath.) I love him so much!

The shower was great! We had a great turnout, and lots of my family and family friends came. My sister did a beautiful job with hostessing it, and DH was so sweet about taking me. DH is on call again today, so we had to drive back last night. Fortunately, they got caught up on the road-clearing, so until we got back into OKC, the roads were great. (Once we got back here, there was ice and snow everywhere... Lovely city!)

Pirate Cake (we're decorating Alex's nursery with pirates)

Diaper snacks

My sister and me

Presents

Presents

Dresser for our nursery from Mom and Dad

Handmade quilt from my MIL (It's machine washable and dryable! Whew!)