Wow, two posts in one day to my blog....hard to believe!

My grandmother's funeral was yesterday and everything went well. Her whole family was there....5 kids, 17 grandkids, 18 great-grandkids, and 1 great-great-grandchild (there is another one on the way, too). She was a special lady, very intelligent and energetic. She never got tired of learning.

I am worn down from the events of the weekend, and just the daily grind. I am taking a bunch of students to Solo & Ensemble Contest this Saturday, as well as getting my (older) private students ready to compete in more difficult divisions at the same Contest, so this is a busy week for me. We had lots of absences last week at my school (about 75 - 80 a day, at a school of 425) so the kids aren't as prepared as they (or I) would like, and a couple of their parents are driving me up the wall. I debate every year about participating in this contest....a lot of teachers only enter the kids who take private lessons....but I think it is such a good opportunity for kids who are figuring out what they are good at. This may be the year that does me in, though.

My older two sons just have 2.5 weeks left of basketball! Nathan is going to play in a pee-wee league through school, but it only lasts 6 weeks or something, and it is all at the school.....no driving across town. The summer camp flyers have come out and the planning for that has begun. I need to see if my in-laws want to take the boys for a week this summer, and what their schedule looks like if they do. DH's whole family is vacationing together in Sanibel the last week of July in honor of my ILs 40th wedding anniversary. I am looking forward to that, but every year at this time, I get the edge of panic that the summer is going to disappear without my family getting to do anyting substantial. I always try to stay one step ahead DH's call schedule, so he plans his calls around what we want to do, instead of the opposite.

I feel a little detatched at work right now, and don't really know why. My principal is leaving at the end of the year, so the talk is ramping up about who will replace him....I can't get too excited about it. Most of the teachers there have been there for years (as has the principal) and are very invested in what comes next. It truly is the end of the era....my principal's *father* was also a principal in my building. I can see how some change might be a good thing, but I keep that opinion to myself. My principal is a great guy and I doubt I would have come back to work for anyone else. He is a truly kind man.

Well, that's it for my exciting life right now! My youngest lost one of his front teeth (his brother "assisted" in getting it out AT THE FUNERAL HOME ) and he immediately looks *way* older. My babies are growing up! I need to post some pictures!

Sally[/QUOTE]