Our trip to FL was awesome! We had a great time. Our condo was exactly as advertised, the weather was perfect, and DH and I got along great. Too bad we had to come home!

I am just *losing it* this week.....too much going on, as usual. The community where I teach (Danville) has a summer swim team for kids. A co-worker of mine persuaded me to sign my kids up. Swimming is kind of a sore subject in our house.....DH and his brothers practically lived in the water when they were growing up, and all three of them swam on their college teams. One brother even swam in the Olympic Trials. My MIL was the president of Indiana Swimming for several years.....she never does anything halfway. Soooo, DH has always wanted the boys to be swimmers, too. Luke has been on two different swim teams, but never for long. I had heard that this summer deal in Danville was very low key, and I thought it would be a nice way to get the kids familiar with some other kids in the community, since we will be moving there in a year. The team only runs through the end of June, so no sweat, right? WRONG! Practices started this week.....Luke is supposed to practice from 6:30 to 8:00 a.m. on Tues/Thurs, Joel practices from 4-5 on Mon/Wed, and Nathan practices from 4-5 on Tues/Thurs. There are also make-up practices from 6-7 on Tues/Thurs. Luke can never go to the early morning practices because we don't live in that community and there is no way we can fit a 10 mile drive to and from Danville into our morning routine and still get everyone where they need to be on time. So I have decided (after LOTS of driving so far this week) that everyone will be going to the make-up practices until school is out. During the summer, I will just suck it up and drive. The irrational part is that I am FURIOUS with DH about this....wth? I guess I feel like I signed them up for him, in part, because swimming was such a big part of his life growing up, and he would love to share it with his boys as well. The cold, hard truth is (of course) that he will be at work and will not be sharing any of this. I already know that he is on call during every single one of the meets, as well. I am just tired, I guess. Doing a sport every season has finally pushed me over the ledge.

Also, our new computer is a piece of *&%$ and pretty much doesn't work. I don't have time to sit on Dell's customer waste-your-time line and figure out what is wrong, so it just sits there. We have a fridge in our garage. The freezer part is full of frost, and the the fridge part has water raining down from the ceiling. I don't have time to sit around and wait for a repair guy. Joel broke his glasses, exactly in half. I don't have time to take him to the optometrist. I haven't been to see my sister's baby (in a hospital 30 minutes away) for a couple of weeks. I suck. We need to list our house, but are waiting until we get the upstairs painted, and even though we had the painters come two weeks ago to do the estimate, they haven't gotten back with us. I need to write the final checks and disburse the funds from my aunt's estate, but it is stressing me out to write checks for such large amounts.

Luke got a detention yesterday for saying "Dang it" when someone beat him to the answer during a game they were playing in religion class.....taught by one of the pastors, not one of the teachers. When I was told he had a detention for that, I figured he had directed it at a teacher, but no, just at a classmate, in fun, and she wasn't bothered by it at all. I wanted to march in the pastor's office and ask wtf he was thinking, giving a kid a detention for "dang it", but I restrained myself. However, I allowed myself to vent a little when DH got home last night, and he had the nerve to suggest that there might be a little more to the story than Luke was telling me. I about ripped his head off, mostly for insinuating that I take everything Luke says as the absolute truth. Work is mostly okay, but the autistic student I have had for two years now is completely out of control lately, the combination of hormones and a change of meds. Dealing with him is like dealing with an unreasonable three year old, all while 40 8th graders look on. Anyway, life is just a little over-the-top for me right now.

And yeah, I'm about to get my period. Want to make something of it? You'll have to wait until I get back from taking my kids to swimming.[/QUOTE]