I have just enough time for a drive-by update (appropriate for a gangsta such as myself.... ). Today is Nathan's 7th birthday. He had a party yesterday at a jumpcastle place called "Pump It Up". A good time was had by all, and I was glad, because I booked the party on the strength of Nathan saying in the car that he had seen it in a commercial and wanted to have his party there. I looked it up online at school, called them, and put down a deposit! His birthday always sneaks up on me and on the years we do parties, I am always behind on his. He invited his whole class, some neighborhood friends, and a couple of friends from church. My mom was able to come down, too. Today, we had our family celebration, and he enjoyed the presents we gave him.

the birthday boy and I this afternoon

Nathan (and friend....I couldn't get that kid to get out of the picture!) in the birthday chair at Pump It Up

Nathan asleep with Cameo, our devil-cat

The boys on the first day of school

Joel at Pump It Up

Luke

We are running out the door to a cookout at church.....not much else to report, other than DH and I picked our doors and windows on Wednesday night and were pleasantly surprised that we came in only about $500 over allowance when all was said and done. We are getting really excited about seeing it take shape....still waiting for them to break ground.

I will try to post a longer update later.....[/QUOTE]