I tried to post more under the picture yesterday, but kept losing my internet connection (and my post) just as I would hit "submit". So I will try again!

We are all doing well, just very busy with school and soccer. Indiana just completed their standardized testing last week. My task at school was to test one of the *19* special ed groups that needed modifications made to their testing according to ther IEPs. My group of six kids had to have everything read to them (along with the multiple choice answers) over and over. Imagine reading 7th grade math questions aloud, several times each. Imagine "reading" a graph aloud without interpreting it at all. Imagine reading language arts questions aloud (particularly the ones dealing with punctuation.......placement of commas was a favorite of mine ) and not reading it in such a way that makes the answer apparent. My brain was fried at the end of the week. There was a math question involving a graph that kept track of the length of lizards that the kids had to interpret......something about reading "Matt's lizard was less than 2 inches, Joe's lizard was between 2 and 4 inches, and Scott's lizard was over 4 inches...." OVER and OVER almost gave me the giggles. I was TIRED Friday night!

This weekend has been pretty calm. DH and were able to sneak away to Chipotle (yummy!) for lunch yesterday and then went to the new Half-Price Books that has opened in our 'burb. I love that store so much! We traded in a box full of books, got $17 credit and a 10% off coupon, and bought some decorating books to look through at home. Travis worked an in-house shift last night, but he was busy, so it is just as well he signed up to work the shift, since he would have been at the hospital anyway. He has been there all afternoon today, too. Last Thursday morning, he got paged at 2 a.m. by a patient who thought she was experiencing pre-term labor at 33 wks. He told her to go into L & D and they would put her on the monitor. When he went in to round around 6, the nurses told him that her monitor showed a lot of activity around 4:30, so someone went in to check on her.....and found her boyfriend (19) on top of her! Just the thing for pre-term labor, right? He tried to do some patient education when he rounded on her, but who knows. Makes for a funny story!

I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but I noticed when looking at our shadows that I am definitely the *3rd* tallest in our family. That feels weird! I am tall, taller than most of the students at my school (which is the way I like it, frankly) and Luke is the same age they are. But he is definitely taller than me....5'9 or 5'10 at age 13. I think he will give DH a run for his money soon. In other Luke news, he has a *girlfriend*. This girl used to go to his school but moved to public school this year. Their "relationship" will apparently be conducted entirely on facebook and through Yahoo chats. DH and I think that Luke agreed to "go out" with this girl so that he is "taken" (an easy excuse to fend off the girls who ARE at his school) but not encumbered in any real way, since he never sees her. Interesting times in our house.....not sure I am ready for it.....but *SO GLAD* Luke told me the password for his accounts so that I can "monitor" the situation! Mwahhh-ahhh-ahhh.

Off to watch the Colts kick some butt.....[/QUOTE]