Well, thanks to Kris, my blog has been recovered....she is too good to me! It would have been a tragedy to lose such a historic document! Seriously, I am glad to have it where I can go back and read the old posts. Life moves so fast that it is nice to have a place to put my thoughts as I try to keep up.

I do have vacation pictures that I would like to post, but I have forgotten my photobucket password and my email has changed since I last accessed my account, so the password retrieval option isn't working for me right now. I am working on it, though!

School starts for me a week from today and I have to admit I am pretty bummed about it. Yes, I have been bored and lonely since we got back from vacation, but once we dive back into school, I will be stressed and overwhelmed. It is depressing that I can't find the middle ground between those two extremes. Of course, since for me the glass is always "half-empty", I may just be blowing things out of porportion (DH's theory). I have to keep telling myself that everything we went through last year (building, moving) was to make this year easier, so I should probably wait a little longer before I give into despair. Although despair is what I felt when I got up at 6:30 so I could be showered and dressed in order to have Joel at school for cross country practice at 8 this morning! I worked in my classroom during his practice and got quite a bit done, but 6:30 was a shock for me......I am not someone who likes to get up early. He has practice every day this week at 8, which should force me to get my classroom ready for next week. Luke has soccer every evening from 6:30 to 8:30, too, so I guess I could use that time as well, (the HS soccer fields are across the street from the middle school) but it creeps me out to be in my building at night by myself.

I am trying to think about any "news" that I haven't posted.....I know I have been scarce around here. Let's see. DH and his partner have shared weekend call with another OB/Gyn in solo practice for several years, so his weekend call has been Q3. The other OB/Gyn has hired a partner, so starting in September, DH's weekend call will be Q4! I am very excited about that development.

We have picked out new furniture and upholstery for our main room (kitchen/dining/living) and I am going to finalize the order with the decorator tonight. Apparently it should only take six weeks to get our furniture.....I can't wait! We are going to get two big area rugs, also....one for the dining area and one for the living area. Our current furniture is so old and beat up (it pre-dates our marriage by probably 10 years.....we bought it with a previous house) that I almost can't stand to look at it, so getting new stuff will be really nice.

Our vacation was a LOT of fun.....I will post pictures soon. I wish it had lasted longer! We are headed to KS for a bday party for DH's grandmother over Labor Day weekend.....20 hours of driving over three days sounds like a good time, huh? Obviously, I was thumbs down on the trip, but said grandmother had a mini-stroke this summer and she is the only grandmother we have left, so we are going. Nathan's bday is Labor Day, so I hope we get home in time to celebrate with him. We have also invited DH's family for Thanksgiving, which should be fun. We will see the family, we won't have to travel, and DH won't have to take any time off! It will be nice to show his brothers our house. Neither of them have seen it finished, and only one brother saw it during construction. There should be plenty of room to sleep everyone comfortably....we'll see!

That is all I can think of for right now. Hopefully I will be able to get back to blogging more regularly. Famous last words, right?