Ugh. I am about to confess that I am a bad mom. I have three boys and I DO NOT LIKE SPORTS! I enjoy watching them have fun and I know it is good for them to be active, but the more involved they get, the less I give a rat's ass. Seriously. Today, Luke was supposed to have a JV soccer game. It was cancelled because of rain. Joel's MIDDLE SCHOOL cross-country team was hosting an 8 school invitational. Because there were so many schools, only the top runners from each school could participate, and Joel is not one of the top runners. But he still had to be there. In the rain. Because it would be impossible to find a make-up date for an 8 school invitational. So he wasn't done until 6:30 and let me point out again.....he didn't even run. Luke had an away soccer game on Monday night, about 30 minutes away from here. Travis' parents were here, so we loaded up and went to the game, with plans to eat out afterwards. JV played first, and it was a great game.....beautiful day. However, Luke felt that it was more important to stay for the Varsity game than it was to have dinner with his granparents. I think he was rude. But it is ALL ABOUT THE TEAM, right? I just don't get it. Basketball is about to start for him. He will be on the freshman team and probably will be a sub. We got a two page letter in the mail today from the varsity coach stating that all of the boys need to be spending time in the weight room 3-4 times a week, and need to be able to run a sub-6 minute mile. WTF??!! I am so sick of other adults with completely different priorities than mine determining the course of my days. I have already heard from other parents not to make travel plans for Christmas Break because the team will be practicing.....I just want to tell people to get a life! But they have one.....and it centers completely around their kids. SO, there is my confession. Mine doesn't. I love them, I want the very best for them, but I just can't subjugate everything I enjoy and instead devote myself to becoming their biggest fan, along with being their cook, chauffeur, and maid.

Our dog has digestive issues. They began yesterday and came to a head this morning around 4, when he woke up Joel by scratching around in his kennel. He had had diarrhea in there. DH got up and cleaned it up. Joel never went back to sleep, missed the bus this morning, broke two keys off of his school-issued laptop at school, and then spent three hours in the rain. He was a wreck when I picked him up. In the meantime, the dog pooped in his kennel AGAIN while I was at school, then again on the floor after school. The reason? When the ILs were here, they got the dog a Kong and some denta-sticks to put in it. The denta-sticks have given the dog diarrhea. He is on a diet of rice and cottage cheese, which has worked in the past, but I am so over dogs in general. This dog has been nothing but an annoyance to me since the ILs got him (with my permission) for the boys 6 years ago. Joel (especially) loves him to pieces, or he would be gone gone gone. I will NEVER have another dog.

I hurt my leg exercising last Monday. I had been taking a core class, and the hard part of the class was over. I was doing a medicine ball throw where you step in to the throw and step back as you catch. I've done that particular thing several times and was a set and a half into it this time when I felt something like a rubber band snapping in my right calf muscle, and then excruciating pain. The teacher had to drive me home, and DH was on call with a patient in labor, so all I got was some frozen peas and some ibuprofen, plus an "I love you" as he went out the door. I went to school the next day on crutches, and on Wednesday, DH got me an appt. with a podiatrist. I either completely or partially ruptured my gastroc or plantaris tendon, and have to be in a boot until Oct. 12, at which point I go back in to be re-evaluated. I am thankful it wasn't worse, but oh my gosh, I am about to go out of my mind. It takes me twice as long to do everything and I didn't have much spare time built in to my schedule to begin with! I can't drive with the boot on, so from 3 on, it is basically off. SO annoying.

Luke was voted onto the freshman homecoming court, much to his (and my) surprise. The parade and game are tomorrow. I will be glad when the "festivities" are over.

Well, this has turned into a giant vent. I guess I needed it. DH must have seen it coming.....this morning he called and said he had traded in-house shifts with someone and would be working all night TONIGHT. Never mind that he just worked one on Sunday, and didn't get home until 9:30 Tuesday. I am woman, hear me roar, right? Oh yeah, this is the good life alright!